Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9 - Smart keyboard in English (UK) doesn't work after update Android 10

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 08:28 PM)
costini
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I updated my Samsunsg S9 (SM-G960F) to Android 10 and the English (UK) keyboard doesn't support the smart functions (while all settings are ON), like swiping, auto correct, predictions, losing also all my saved words.

For Greek and English (US) works fine.
What happened and how to recover it?

I contacted Supprot and they told me to do a reset of the phone which is ridiculous solution!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Enjay
Voyager
Options

All I can think of is going into settings, apps, 3 dots and show system apps then find the keyboard and go into storage and clear data. You'd need to relearn autocorrect all the swear words though lol

Other thing I would try is wiping the cache partition. 

0hine off, hold volume up, Bixby and power till the Samsung logo appears then use the volume buttons to scroll and power to select. 

Worth trying rather than a factory reset anyway.

We'll see how I get on when 10 arrives for me 

View solution in context

25 REPLIES 25
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @costini 

Kindly uninstall/-reinstall the Smart keyboard app.

Check for newer software updates.

If persists, feel free to leave a message to the app developers and for confirmation if this app has full support with android 10 OS. A comment via Google Play Store >  Smart keyboard app, will do, please. Thank you ☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
costini
Explorer
Options

Hi @lunaticore,

Thanks but the problem is on the default Samsung keyboard.

I don't see that it can be uninstalled. I can try to "reset to default settings" from the settings of the keyboard but I wanted to ask first if I can fix it otherwise (coz I think that resetting will lose my saved vocabulary).

0 Likes
Samnic
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. English not working but Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish ok. I'm also reluctant to try a rest to default...

0 Likes
Samnic
Apprentice
Options

*reset

0 Likes
Samnic
Apprentice
Options

Well I did a reset and it didn't solve the problem - you see the swipe but no text appears...

costini
Explorer
Options

Did it lose the vocabulary of the other languages that worked fine?

0 Likes
JSeco
Apprentice
Options

How annoying! If i'd known this update was going to give me gried i would not have done it. 

I've reset my settings and that didn't work. Removed ENUK as a language and then added it again and that didn't work. I've tried safe mode, update all apps and still samsung keyboard isn't working in English UK. 

If you figure it out. Let me know please. 

0 Likes
JSeco
Apprentice
Options
Grief*
*sigh* this is when having the stupid keyboard work, would come in handy.
0 Likes
Samnic
Apprentice
Options

I'm not sure how to check...

0 Likes