Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Screen has distorted and green flickering

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 11:07 AM)
MrsGaz11
Student
Options

This morning, suddenly, my S9 screen went from working as normal, to being a distorted/misaligned (the top part of screen is at the bottom, and where you make contact registers as higher on the screen), and a green, flickering mess. I have tried restarting, the colour test by pressing *#0*# and nothing is working. It updated last week, and seemed ok apart from battery draining much quicker than usual.  I've managed to open in safe mode, but does the same. It is about 15 months old. Any suggestions at all please? 

19 REPLIES 19
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @MrsGaz11 ,

as the issue persist after a Soft Reset and whilst the phone is performing in Safe Mode, the best way to get this looked at it will be taking the phone to one of our Authorised Support Centres to be inspected by one of our engineers. Find your local one by following this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

MrsGaz11
Student
Options

Thanks TessM, I will look at the closest one to us.

Would this still be the case as it is now not working at all, despite being charged, it is showing no signs of life. We have attached to a charger, and it is completely dead.

Many thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @MrsGaz11!  Yes, this would still be the case. A Samsung engineer will be happy to have a look at your device, repair it and give it back to you up and running :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

AntS
Options

Cheers TessM and CarloL! :smiling-face: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Any joy with getting to a Support Centre and your phone back up and running as it should be, @MrsGaz11?

0 Likes
Emma30
First Poster
Options

Hi my phone has done the exact same thing seems a bit strange to me my phone only about a year old also s9

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Emma30 

Have you tried any of the troubleshooting mentioned above to try to resolve this?

0 Likes
Emma30
First Poster
Options

Yes been through it all with samsung wed chat soft reset safe mode hard reset clear cashe and factory reset screen is still the same booked an appointment on Monday with in store Samsung customer service so we will see what they can do 

0 Likes
Roshan-UK
Student
Options

I have the same issue. I have tried all the above steps but the problem persists. It does periodically work as shown in the video but then goes again. 

0 Likes
anish88
First Poster
Options

What was the resolusiton?

0 Likes