Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Plus Screen Problem

(Topic created on: 29-06-2020 04:28 AM)
KyleGatt20
First Poster
Options

Well, as you can see when I change the brightness of the screen, the screen suddenly goes half black or very blurry. I woke up today and found it like that. Anyone experiencing/experienced the same problem that can help?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On does not help and there are no pending software updates then First try Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If it stops then one or more of your apps are causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If the issue does not stop in Safe Mode then..

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.  No info is lost this way.

If no help....

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

If no help.....

3. Use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre when they re open after the COVID-19 pandemic.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Xtend
First Poster
Options

Hello there. 

My s9 has exacly the same problem just started like that a week ago.. i tryed everything(Wipe cache, fresh install etc..) nothing helps..

I found that some times screen is working normaly and if I lock and unlock the phone really fast the problem occurs if I wait like 10 seconds before unlocking again the screen is ok.

I guess samsung can say something about this? Hardware problem on a premium 2 years phone?!

Best regards,

André 

bluealmond
Apprentice
Options

sems to be a common issue now, apparently samsung is bruhing it off, but seem that is because of the latest update, i have 2 s9 and both have the same problem.

a work around is an app named oled saver from the play store. 

0 Likes
Grios
First Poster
Options

I have two s9+ with the same problem.

Screen balance app helps

Charro
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone from Samsung know if this is going to be fixed?

My workaround is:

1 Enable Always On (on tap)

2 Tap the screen to see the watch

3 unlock the phone

Can be reproduced and there are various software workarounds. 

I hope this can be fixed like the "unable to detect the clear view cover".

npelouin
Journeyman
Options

Same problem since August. Someone has the solution? No news from Samsung...

Subrata
First Poster
Options

Exactly similar behaviour. It works with On display always om..however if I use power button the issue persists. Is samsung listening to customer problems that too on a flagship device??

0 Likes
po4ka
First Poster
Options

Same issue started happening on two sgs 9+ after the latest update. Not much help from support

0 Likes
Richnew
First Poster
Options

Hey, I'm now getting this problem on my S9. Wow, its annoying and is really causing issues with user experience. 

There are some work arounds but are Samsung working on a long term solution?? Should Samsung admit a design fault and perhaps should accept liability and withdraw the product from market . . .? Feel like there is a potential legal issue here if they have openly sold products that have known design faults. 

0 Likes