Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

S9 Plus crackling / stuttering audio

(Topic created on: 12-03-2018 01:06 PM)
Allegroman
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I got the S9 Plus on Friday (SM-G965F UK version) but there seems to be an issue with audio playback. In both Spotify and Google Play Music, when playing tracks there is occasional stuttering / stalling / crackling of the sound. It does this every so often and on the worst occasion the sound actually jammed on a particular tone for a good 2 seconds and then, when it unfroze, the playback sped up as if to make up for the lost seconds before resuming normally. I did the OTA firmware update that came out Saturday but it's made no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Go to solution
30 REPLIES 30
dawidw
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

And here's another pi*sed customer...

Just paid Saturday around 600 bucks for the not so brand new Galaxy S9 (this means, that you - Samsung - had enough time to fix the one or the other problems) .

I tried everything. I mean - really - everything.

Reset and wipe all the app data at first, challenged with different battery saving and Dolby Atmos options, disabled some unnecessary services and apps, updated all apps and the firmware and finally... even did a factory reset.

And yeah, removing my SD card resolved the issue, but I'm still not 100 % sure about this. At least on Spotify. But the problems exists anywhere, where sound is played. So it can be a recorded clip, a song on Spotify, a YouTube video or a simple game. It's like I'm hitting a CD player, which is generating all the sounds on the beatiful S9, which had to be replaced, because my also beatiful S8 got the Amazing Spiderman-App and it's relatively pricey to repair it (and guess what, there's no water-proof after this!).

Although the battery life s*cks as hard as Samsung's update policy (let's pray Project Treble is improving this one) - I like the S9, but Samsung is stumbling in the wrong way... And because of this, I am really, really sure, that there will be no fix for this. At least not for Oreo anymore.

PS: I got the Exynos version of the S9 - see the battery life problem because of a crappy written kernel. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
dawidw
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Oh and yeah... I spend the night with copying my data to my PC and formatting the SD card entirely and slowly.

There is nothing left on the SD card, but the problem still remains.

I'll open a case at Samsung, hoping, that I am able to contact a developer on this... I don't want to waste my time with 1st level-supporters, which advise me to do stuff I did already.

---

Just opened a case with a list of tasks I already did.

0 Likes
kikib
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Clearing the cached data for Spotify seems to have fixed this issue for me as well. Thanks!

0 Likes
dawidw
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Any updates on this?

Oh and yeah - Samsung doesn't give a sh*t about it. They told me to send my phone in, although I told them, that this has to be a bug. Now the same guy opened up another ticket and supposedly forwarded this to the actual department.

Today I'll be analyzing all the bug report logfiles, I just generated some minutes ago (after Spotify crackled the sh*t out of my phone).

0 Likes
Baconmailbox
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just fixed the same problem.

For me it was enough to delete my cache. I did not delete all the other previously things mentioned by others here.

Dont know if I just tempararely fixed it but for now it seems to work. If this problem occurs again later, i will also delete the saved data by spotify. 

0 Likes
Asterixkikz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Just solve the problem ...go to settings and reset phone to first day settings...nothing will be deleted ,just  little change on theme ..that's all.

0 Likes
SumSoong_Galaxy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I'm having this same audio issue on my S9 and regardless on the sound tools this issue occurs on various apps including VLC, Google sound play, sound editor, news (video) streaming on yahoo site as well as video conferencing through WhatsApp. Not to mention others who had this issue with Spotify etc.

Went to the Samsung service centre and they will check my phone next week. The technician did mention it would most likely be the issue with the "sound motor". S9 has the "sound motor" which is about the size of the ballpoint hole. It was the first time for me hearing such feature but I hope this will fix it.
0 Likes
jasonway
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have same issue now on my s10 with the samsung ear buds. update has made no difference

0 Likes
GW1969
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm having same problem not on a particular app but just sounds in general. It's even affecting notification tones, live streams etc. too

0 Likes
Cornholio1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Reset YouTube App to Standard.

No SD-Card changed only YouTube Reset.

All Sound Problems fixed!

Cheers

0 Likes