Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S9+ Pie Battery Life

(Topic created on: 28/01/19 21:48)
Initialinstinct
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I recently updated my S9 plus to the Android pie one UI beta and I must say that the battery life is very very disappointing im getting at least half the performance that I was before when my phone was running on Android Oreo please Samsung could you release a fix where the software is optimised fully for the full battery performance

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

A few people have reported this situation @Initialinstinct 

Then after letting the phone index i.e. settle down in regards to the files and the person has stopped using the phone more to play around with the new look and features the battery then settles back down.

Clearing the phones system cache files can help as well as a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

A very last resort would be to back up and remove any Sd card and factory reset. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
seamus1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I agree, my battery was terrible once I updated to Pie.

I cleared cache but was no good, I then backed up and did a factory reset.

So far, took my phone off charger at 07.00 this morning at 100%, now at 15.41 by battery level is 78%, which I think is acceptable.

0 Likes
lar_kozz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have the same problem, after upgrading the phone to Android pie, my S9+ is dying really fast, I can literally see the digits on the battery go down. The problem is especially visible when the phone is idle. Previously battery would hardly reduce when the phone was idle but now I would say it drains 3 or 4 times faster.

Does anyone know a safe and secure way to go back to Oreo without losing any data? I can't use my phone while waiting for Samsung to address this

0 Likes
alligator82
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey guys,

I upgraded my S9+ with Odin on 25th of Dec (just a few days after the official release) but I haven't wiped all my data from the phone and this was a serious mistake. I noticed that a few different things are not working as expected (e.g. SmartThings, sound from Bluetooth devices, Dolby Atmos, etc.) so I decided to try again with a clean install with one of the latest builds. So I fixed a lot of things, I don't see any software bugs but the battery is really bad compared to Oreo.

In standby while I'm sleeping I'm losing around 15% battery just for about 7h. With Oreo I was loosing half of them so it's definitely a Pie issue as I haven't changed anything else. Even if I change my habits, playing more games or surfing in internet, the standby battery drain should be absolutely the same.

What are your observations of the standby drain over night?

0 Likes
Marcocar
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi everyone,

I experienced the same issue, updated to pie and the battery life dropped from 2 full days to just one. Yesterday, I found that the Samsung Internet was one of those to use more battery even on stanby. So, I removed it and now I'm using the beta version of the Samsung browser. First day was awesome, at the end still 75% of battery life. If someone else can try that, in just one week we could have found the solution.

Probably is an issue related to Samsung Internet with Pie. Let me know please.

Marco. 

0 Likes
lar_kozz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

There's no app or service called "Samsung Internet" or "Samsung browser" so no idea what you are talking about 

0 Likes
Marcocar
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Samsung internet browser is the official browser by Samsung. Have you got any Samsung app? 

0 Likes
lar_kozz
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

No I don't use Samsung apps. I only use chrome for browsing. Something else is to blame for the battery drain 

0 Likes