Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 overheating.

(Topic created on: 19-03-2020 05:28 AM)
UnkCray
First Poster
Options

Hello! So, I've been experiencing something really annoying with my S9. Whenever I play, the mobile heats up. That's normal. The problem isn't the phone heating up, it doesn't close any aps and the device doesn't shut down or anything, the center of the device doesn't even get hot, but the ''metal'' border does get extremely hot. I want to know if there's a way to fix this or not, and if this is normal or not. The games are heavy, but what's really bothering me isn't the heat of the whole phone, just the border.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @UnkCray 

Yes that's right  the phone will warm up a little more as everything is working harder to give the gaming experience.

Do you have a case on the phone at all ?

If your concerned then my advice is to seek support from a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
UnkCray
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
UnkCray
First Poster
Options
With the case and without the case the phone heats up. I did seek for help, but they said it's normal. However, it's hard to believe it's normal since it gets really hot.
0 Likes
Bigj1969
First Poster
Options
I dealt with Samsung a few times this year because of my s9 having serious issues. Cutting out, made a red mark on my face as it was too hot. Samsung claimed they fixed it. They had my phone for over a week to which they lost it at one point. Then it was sent to somewhere in Newcastle.I live in Scotland. In the receipt I gave the courier I clearly stated to the engineer he had to run the phone for a few minutes to see how it heats up. When i eventually got it back, the engineers report said he turned it on and off. I contacted them again. They couldn't have cared less that I was severely disabled. I said it was critical for me to have a phone at my side always as I occasionally fall just because of my condition.they were absolutely useless. After I put pressure from a few people from various organisations,they agreed to look at it. Initially it came back good. Then yesterday the heating up started again. I was on the chat,they told me to go to twitter or Facebook as I would get a quicker response. Their service centre and customer support are woefull. Because they lost my phone, I had to make do with an old phone,as they had my phone for nearly TWO WEEKS.
0 Likes