Did you mean: 

S9 No Swipe or Predictive Text/Spell Check

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 12:45 PM)
Gail1
Apprentice
Options

Please help: 

I love to swipe text, now i can't:

updated yesterday, no longer can Swipe to Text, No Predictive Text and No Auto-spell check.

Things i have done: 

1. turned it off an on again.

2. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> confirmed that the ENglish UK language pack has downloaded

3. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> On-screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > smart typing - and selected the good stuff

4. Gone to: settings>General management> Language and input> On-screen keyboard > Samsung Keyboard > Swipe, touch, and feedback - and selected Swipe to Type

As i try to swipe the blue line appears as if it is registering the touch, but then doesn't display any words.

Please help.

14 REPLIES 14
Ushekhar
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue. For me the predictive text option is or fomat options are also greyed out after june 2020 update.

0 Likes
AndyDyett
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same position since the latest update June 2020. I've follwed all the instructions on the Samsung website and all of the options I need are greyed out.

0 Likes
WhoCares2
First Poster
Options

Did you get a response? All was fine until the latest forced update. I never voluntarily accept any updates from Samsung. They always involve issues with my phone. Yesterday, there was a forced update and I can't use predictive text or the languages in Whatsapp or anything.

0 Likes
WhoCares2
First Poster
Options

My predictive text isn't working now either after the last update from Samsung yesterday. HIGHLY ANNOYING! What is the solution?

0 Likes
Gail1
Apprentice
Options
I'm afraid I had to wait for an update, which came about 2 updates after I posted this. Sorry.
0 Likes