Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Lock Screen Bug

(Topic created on: 03-11-2019 04:40 PM)
FreeFall302
First Poster
Options

Recently, I have encountered an infuriating bug when trying to view my notifications on my lock screen. It used to be that pressing the home or power button would turn on and display the lock screen - with the clock for time, and my notifcations for quick viewing. Then, should I swipe the screen, the unlock pattern would appear for me to unlock the phone. Pretty standard stuff.

However, for the last couple weeks whenever I press the home or power button to turn on the display, the phone jumps straight to the unlock pattern. The back arrow which brings me back to the lock screen with the clock and my notifications is there and works, but this extremely irritating. I am trying to turn on my screen so I can quickly look at the clock or notifcations, having to press an additional button everytime just to get this information is stupid and annoying. Going striaght to an unlock pattern completely defeats the purpose of having any information on a lock screen. I'm really hoping this is a bug or a setting that can be changed, and not some stupid new feature.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
@FreeFall302: Do you have Always On Display active? If so, rather than pressing the Home or Power button to wake the screen, please try tapping the screen itself to display the clock and any notifications. If not, have you tried removing any existing biometric or Smart Lock options to see if this helps (Settings > Lock Screen)?
0 Likes