Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ In-Call Voume is Too High

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 03:45 PM)
Katkaland
Journeyman
Options

Hello, Once I am in-call, my call volume is too high. I can adjust all types of volumes no problem. But once somebody calls me or I call them and the call is ongoing I am unable to adjust the in-call volume level to lower.  I can increase the volume no problem, but it is not possible to turn it down to a very low level and the sound is hurting my hear with people who are speaking loud. Does anyone know if there is spetting for in-call volume? Does anyone know a gadget company who is specialized in solving such a problem? I looked at the settings but there is no in-call volume options. Many thanks for your help. 

30 REPLIES 30
JJ_huff
Journeyman
Options

I did a search for this on Google and found this thread. I'm using a Galaxy s10+ and have the same issue. The minimum In-Call volume is  TOO FREAKING LOUD!!!!! I don't even have great hearing! 

I HAVE the sound assistant app.

I selected the "phone" app to have sound assistant provide "Individual app volumes". I put phone app at 1% and it's not changing anything. The sound assistant app says "no apps are using audio" while I'm in the middle of a call. 

Clearly in-call volume is in a league of its own.

Clearly there is some software somewhere that is keeping the volume at a minimum.

We need the minimum to be lowered.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!! 

BobC_UK
First Poster
Options

I too had a Google search for this issue with my S9.  Just cannot get the in-call volume down to an acceptable level.  It's too loud on occasions.  Please sort this!  It's as the others reported- the blue bar will just not go down low enough, whereas the other volumes do fine (as well as fully off).

cyriacalex
Student
Options

I created an account to reply to this as it's pretty annoying. I've set my in call volume to the absolute minimum. For some reason, they don't let you take the volume below about 12% or so. Unfortunately, even at 12%, the volume is still too loud. It doesn't look like Samsung, Google, etc will be fixing this any time soon, so I'll look into a 3rd party option to keep the volume down

AndrewL
Options

For those of you who are experiencing high in-call volume levels, is the issue present for all calls/contacts? I understand your concerns regarding the volume slider, however there is some logic behind the restriction, as I can't think of too many instances where you'd want the volume at zero. The issue may be stemming from the callers end, therefore you could ask them to lower the volume at their end, or ask if they're on Speaker, or using a headset that might be contributing to the problem. 

0 Likes
cyriacalex
Student
Options

It's been present for calls with and without headphones for every call I've made so far. I've set my volume to the minimum allowed and it feels more like that should be 40% or 50% instead of the 12% or so that is the minimum. I don't the volume at zero, just much closer to it. Is this a samsung issue or an android issue since it's their software right?

C22
First Poster
Options

Same exact problem. Happens with all callers. Incoming and outgoing. So loud at minimum setting it hurts my ears. Also anyone within 2-4 m can hear the person on the other end so it is a privacy issue too. 

Despergator
Apprentice
Options
This problem is utterly ridiculous. Why would one force a lower limit on in-call volume? The volume needs to be adjusted, the lower limit is too loud for me too.
Katkaland
Journeyman
Options

Dear Andrew, please do not take this personally. This is an ongoing issue for several years. Most possibilities are exhausted, and we have tried, believe me several different options with various different callers and the problem is NOT with the other caller or their phone. Please do not divert the issue onto others. None of us need to have the volume on Zero but 1% would be handy!!!! I am yet to find out how our ears can be protected against ill-fitting Samsung in-call volume! In fact exactly as “C22” added this is privacy issue! You can't have a call without other people overhearing the call because the in-call volume lowest level is limited to approximately 12% exactly as “cyriacalex “ said! Should you put your headphones on you may get too loud un-adjustable volume hurting your hears so headphones therefore are no option in these cases. I don't even understand why Samsung does NOT bother to try to help constructively and why pointing fingers to others will suffice? This does not hit the empathy level of service at all. I have been waiting for years and finally so happy that other people are coming out with the same problem. Can I please ask Samsung customer services that if passion is lacking, at least empathy and constructive problem solving is offered to help us?

Katkaland
Journeyman
Options

Help is clearly needed! I first tried seeking help in a different thread about the same matter back in 2019!!!! I wonder when Samsung will really care.

Despergator
Apprentice
Options
This is a serious usage issue. I can't use the phone with headphones for calls or with WhatsApp. Not being able to reduce the volume to a comfortable level is a health risk, it causes pain and discomfort in my ears. It is physically harmful. They could easily add an option to customise the lower limit like they ve done for the upper limit on media volume. But that probably requires some people to work on it or they have just cut the corners as it was easier to just hard code the limit into the software