Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Fingerprint sensor damaged

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 11:08 AM)
Jason86
Apprentice
Options

The fingerprint sensor on my S9 is damaged just from scratches etc and the majority of the time does not pick up my finger print and tells me to completly cover the sensor even when i am. Would this be covered by the manufactors warranty as it is scratches caused by myself i doubt it would be and if not is there an easy way to fix it without getting a replacement back cover/sensor for the phone?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
DannyT
Options
Hey, @Jason86. You're right. This wouldn't be covered under warranty. Best bet would be to get in touch with one of our engineers at the Support Centres. They're best placed to let you know how this can be repaired.

Welcome to the Community!

Jason86
Apprentice
Options

Cheers for the reply. It is the paint that has scratched off it from knocking off keys in my pocket. Theres no actual other damage to it like dents or that.

Is there a way to touch up the paint or how expensive would it be to fix?

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

Hello!

Normally, scratches aren't covered by Samsung manufacturer's warranty, the estimate cost for the fingerprint replacement is £78 or 87.39 euros. If your fingerprint sensor isn't so sensitive anymore, you can remove and re-add your fingerprint. To add, just place your same face of finger up to 5-7 times (without moving) it, the rest, you can now change the position of your finger. It's a trick to quicken the readability of your fingerprint. 

Thanks a lot! :smiling-face: 

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

Ro86
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem with my device and to be honest it should be within the warranty. I own a s9 too which I believe that has a manufacture issue, the paint came off too, i had different devices previously and none had peoblems with the sensor as this one. Samsung shoud own the fault and support the customers that has this issue which I find it unacceptable 

0 Likes
Levipugh
Student
Options

Mines the same, the bad part seems like a darker blue than the rest of the sensor..

I've never had this issue with any touch ID product apart from this one.

0 Likes
SharneeW
First Poster
Options

Yep, mine is the same. Always been in a cover too and the cover comes out beyond the finger scanner, so its pretty safe and the paint has still come away 😞 So annoying!

0 Likes
inesinhaa
Apprentice
Options
hello. I have the exact same problem, the color start coming off. it wasn't my fault, it is a manufacturer fault. how can I solve this? I already blocked my bank account app because I tried too many times. where should I go fix it? I bought it on Vodafone, should I go there, samsung store or some other random store? tia
0 Likes