Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ Fingerprint scanner stopped working

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 05:45 AM)
Edairin
First Poster
Options

Hello, i have the Samsung Galaxy S9+ and i always use the finguerprint scanner to unlock my phone. The problem is that yesterday i went to the beach and took photos in water with it, then the finguerprint scanner stops working and a message pop up when i try to use it, the message says " An error occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device". I restart the device also factory reset it and doesnt work. When i tap *#0*# on the phone appear some white squares and one of them says "sensors", when i press there, on the finguerprint sensor test it says that cannot found Data log. What should I do. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You may need support from a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre however as the phone is water resistant and not waterproof if water has got into the phone your manufacturer warranty wouldn't cover the cost of a repair @Edairin 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Edairin
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply, i'll do what you suggest, but i dont think water damage is the problem cause the phone is IP68 rating, so it can be submerged in up to 5' of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. It's also dust, dirt and sand resistant, I was on the beach, take pictures with it on the shore and it get wet with the waves, nothing crazy. I was not swimming with him or diving, also, whenever I go to the beach I take it and do the same, it had never happened before. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Your phone is not certified for protection of salty water from the ocean or other things other than clear water.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes