Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 earpiece /grill

(Topic created on: 21-06-2019 10:01 PM)
Stuartbedford
Student
Options

When fitting a uv glue protector to my wife's S9 I stupidly forgot to cover the earpiece grill,and cured the glue with the UV light. The call volume is now virtually non existant, I have tried with rubbing alcohol to dissolve it but this hasn't worked.

Does anyone know if I book an earpiece replacement through Samsung repair if they would be able to clear or replace the grill at the same time. 

Hope someone can help as I'm feeling awful at the moment, thanks in advance, stuart. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As this is accidental damage caused by the glue the Samsung Service Centre could probably charge for any repair @Stuartbedford 

They'll notice the glue straightaway. 

Don't worry your not the first and certainly wont be the last to do something like this.

When I was fitting the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector onto my Note 9 I nearly didn't use the supplied plastic sticker to cover it !

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Stuartbedford
Student
Options

Thanks for replying.

I understand this is my fault and I didn't mean I wanted to say the phone was faulty and claim on the warranty. 

I looked up the cost for Samsung to come to my house to repair the earpiece, I was just wondering if I book and pay with them.... If they will repair/clean/change the grill at the same time as that is what I think is actually wrong not the earpiece itself, I. E I've I have essentially glued all the holes shut so no sound can get through.

Although getting a new earpiece is probably required as glue has probably stuck to the waterproof membrane, there ain't going to be any point if the grill holes are left blocked by the repair man. 

I should have remembered when I installed one on my phone, the kit came with specific stickers to cover the grill and buttons. The kit I bought for my wife's phone didn't, and me being a man, rushed straight in not realising until after I cured the glue that I messed up 😣

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yeah I do.underatnd. 

After all we are all human.

Honestly is the best policy and as such i would think the repair person would replace it for you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "