Original topic:

S9 clear view not working

(Topic created on: 24-11-2018 04:04 PM)
Artful
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi 

Ever since I received a software update last night my phone no longer recognises the official clear view case that has worked for months, I have restarted it several times but still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks 

Go to solution
80 REPLIES 80
4dw1tz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you so much, doing this finally worked!

0 Likes
Charro
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Still not working. NFC and Clear View cover STILL with issues.
Guys, seriously, a 500+€/$ device?
What make worth to buy a Samsung Device instead of other cheaper brands? Less failures or better support definitely is not.
0 Likes
Zec
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I was getting crazy for months trying to find a solution and now it finally works. I power off the phone, clean well both the phone and the cover from all sides not removing the cover, I put it on the table, power it on and I leave it with the cover opened. When the main screen opens I close the cover and it works!

Im not sure was this cleaning the right solution or Samsung solved this problem in the meanwhile but Im happy I got clear covers functionalites again. If the cleaning is the solution, I wonder which part we actually need to clean :smiling-face: I still hope Samsung will give us the answer:)

0 Likes
PeterNguyen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
are you still have this problem?
0 Likes
mjl296
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

No. The problem occurs every few months, but I have found that restarting the phone outside the case and then putting it in the case can fix it.

I've also sometimes fiddled with NFC ( turn it off, reboot, turn it on again) can help. I'm not sure of the exact sequence and it probably changes depending on the exact software version, but fiddling for a few minutes has always fixed this.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Aleeeexxx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank u very very much!!! All ok! It's work!

0 Likes
NMMiaunel
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Excellent, it works for me. Only after that I turned off the phone again and turned on.

Not restart

0 Likes
jonazeiselt
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks! Turning NFC off and on worked for my S20.. I think I slept on top of my phone which made my cover not work 

0 Likes
Jalt
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So the problem with my S9 clear view cover not getting recognized still appears from time to time, not that often to be honest but still occasionally. But now, I have a 100% working solution not requiring a restart or meddling with NFC. You only need to remove the phone from the cover and then plug in the charger. When the phone is charged and disconnected form the charger you can put it back in the cover and it is recognized without a problem again. It looks like charging the phone resets whatever sensor it is that's supposed to detect the cover. That's what always works for me. 😉

0 Likes
Duncani
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Until now, only removing the cover and put it back was usually solving the issue. However, I have found by chance a solution that works 100% of the time, not 99.9%, really 100%.

I acquired a couple of months ago a wireless charger (a cheap one, at Ikea) and noticed that I was getting the cover recognized every time I was leaving it on the charger when turning it on. After some testing, I found and do this:

When I turn my phone on, I wait until it reaches at least the PIN code prompt. If it's not still on the charger, I put it back and wait for the screen to turn off and see the charging red led. I take the phone off the charger (with the cover closed) and in a few seconds,  the cover is recognized by the phone.

The same process will work if I do this anytime, as long as it's after the PIN code prompt display. It will also work after I enter the PIN code prompt and the phone is already fully started.