Original topic:

S9 clear view not working

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 04:18 AM)
Artful
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi 

Ever since I received a software update last night my phone no longer recognises the official clear view case that has worked for months, I have restarted it several times but still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks 

79 REPLIES 79
Shannon3
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Resetting the settings to default seemed to work at first but same problem is occurring.  The main problem I am having is the proximity sensor didn't work when the cover was closed causing a lot of calls being disconnected due to caller screen not turning off when close to the phone so the hangup button would get touched.   Same problem when I tried the cover on a friend's S9. 

0 Likes
IrinaH
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm having the same problem post upgrade. Have tried all suggestions but the latest upgrade is a massive fail! 

0 Likes
Shannon3
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It wouldn't surprise me if no one at Samsung even thought to test the clear view case when they went through testing of Android Pie on S9.    I did chat with Samsung tech support and we tried Safe Mode, etc; none of which worked.  The tech person finally just said bring the phone in to a service center (30+ miles away).  The phone is fine without the cover so I'm not wasting my time but hope they fix it soon.  

0 Likes
IrinaH
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Frustrating, same issue for me.
0 Likes
KitKat_
Student
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Thanks!!! This worked! 🤗
0 Likes
denba
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
What that?
0 Likes
KitKat_
Student
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks!!! That worked!!! 

0 Likes
KitKat_
Student
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Lokithecat's suggestion worked.
0 Likes
denba
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Not to me....
0 Likes
IrinaH
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Didn't work for me either. Raised it with Samsung who admitted it was an OS upgrade issue.. In fact there are quite a few issues with the pie upgrade. Who knows when the next update will be. So disappointed and discovering new glitches everyday! 

0 Likes