Original topic:

S9 clear view not working

(Topic created on: 18-07-2019 02:24 PM)
Artful
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi 

Ever since I received a software update last night my phone no longer recognises the official clear view case that has worked for months, I have restarted it several times but still no joy. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks 

79 REPLIES 79
GeertB1
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
S9 with clearvieuw
0 Likes
KokaCsilla
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Great! It's working for me too :smiling-face: Thanks!

0 Likes
denba
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
That's May update?
0 Likes
DanMati
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I give up, no matter if it's an update or just after a normal charge, it comes and it goes fom time to time, I'm clueless. 

0 Likes
Jalt
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

According to my observations, it could have something to  do with connecting/disconnecting the charger based in which state the cover and phone currently is (display switched on/off, cover opened/closed). I always make sure to connect the charger when the display is switched off and the cover is closed. And my resetting advice, mentioned above, works only after the phone has been charged at least once after losing the cover recognition after a system update for example.

0 Likes
DanMati
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Jalt, you're a genius! I've had the latest system update today, 31th July 2019, and afterward the problem came back, I've did everything that passed my mind, nothing worked.

Restarting the phone with the charger on did it! Many thanks.

By the way, it worked instantly, without charging the phone at least once after losing the cover recognition after system update. 

0 Likes
Ionut-Armando
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

GOD BLESS YOU MATE!!!!

It definetly worked for me. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Spicerman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This worked for me

0 Likes
Ireibe
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yes, similar with me. Some time after reboot it stops working. Parting S9 and Clear View, wiping and reassembling helps

0 Likes
Ireibe
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Found the root cause in a German forum : the cover works with an embedded magnet in its front, this is recognized by the magnetic sensors, and these have to be recalibrated after a reboot. Removing the s9 from the cover and reinstating  also changes the magnetic fields, therefore that sometimes helps.

If you dial *#0*" then you enter the hardware test. "Hall" let's you test the cover, with "Sensor" and then some movements along the 3 axis in space  you can recalibrate the magnetic sensors.

0 Likes