Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S9+ call volume low

(Topic created on: 23/02/19 16:23)
Beershark
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Received the S9 today still setting things up but noticed the in call volume very low. 

I have the call volume up of course......

Anyone else have this issue? 

95 REPLIES 95
S9Phone
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Make sure the factory screen protector is taken off, and that an aftermarket screenprotector does not cover the notch at the top, as that's where the speaker is.

0 Likes
Regina7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, please explain what you mean about the backup. I can barely hear without earphones and there's no screen protector covering the speaker

0 Likes
Regina7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Please explain what about the backup. I can hardly hear anyanything. What should I do?
0 Likes
S9Phone
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I didn't post the reply about the backup issue.

0 Likes
Jbella
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I cleaned the front speaker with fresh water, using a damp cloth. Blow it dry and good as new. Give it a go

0 Likes
crz6662
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

When you get a new phone or wipe your phone, do not re-install your apps from your backup. Contacts would be the only thing I would do. Download everything fresh from the Play store. Seems my girlfriends backup was corrupt.

0 Likes
crz6662
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
@ Regina7
Wipe your phone, as if it is new and you just got it. Then install everything from the play store. "Do Not" use your backup, except contacts. Although it may be to late now.
TMO replaced 3 phones because of this issue.
Regina7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Thank u
Regina7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Before wiping my phone, I took a straight pin and carefully but thoroughly cleaned the speaker. I'd tried cleaning it before with a cloth as suggested in this thread to no avail.  After trying this second method, I can hear perfectly.  Glad I tried it

Regina7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I hope this helps someone else
0 Likes