Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S9+ call volume low

(Topic created on: 13/06/18 15:56)
Beershark
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Received the S9 today still setting things up but noticed the in call volume very low. 

I have the call volume up of course......

Anyone else have this issue? 

95 REPLIES 95
x_jady_baby_x
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I am. Did you sort it? 

0 Likes
AsadHaroon
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I noticed this also. 

0 Likes
x_jady_baby_x
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So it turned out mine was the screen protector. Why send a protector that doesn't have a hole for the ear piece?!

Krissytina
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks. Thar

0 Likes
Beershark
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

No, not really. Some calls seem worse than others and use the Extra Volume button when needed 

0 Likes
MistyDawn
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

There's an "Extra Volume" button... where? 

Wellard
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
The Extra volume button does,nt do anything that you'd notice a differences. If your partly deaf This is NOT the Phone for US.
0 Likes
Wellard
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Defo they've had your Money, they Ani't Interested.
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Beersharkwrote:

Received the S9 today still setting things up but noticed the in call volume very low. 

I have the call volume up of course......

Anyone else have this issue? 

Try using the loud speaker option, see if this problem still persists whilst using loud speaker.

If so i would suggest using the voice recorder on your device test to see if this is an issue with

the audio on the device itself.  obviously make sure your In-Call settings are fully turned up

on the device. 

0 Likes
Carolebryant
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Try cleaning the top speaker with a soft toothbrush
0 Likes
RBGEEKS
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Okay i used the tooth brush and it worked thanks 

0 Likes
Vikings235
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I had the same problem I got the Aplha Glass screen protector with my Otter Defender case and I followed the instructions closely. I couldn't hardly hear anyone on the other side. Found out the screen protector was covering the speaker. So I took it off and it solved the problem. Naturally it runied the new screen protector. Pathic design. The screen protector is too long if you don't want to cover the Irs Scanner at the top of your phone too.

0 Likes
MistyDawn
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I got my s9+ as a pre-order, so I've had it since they were released. My call volume just started being extremely low yesterday after being fine for months. It's not the screen protector, and I haven't installed any new apps or updates or changed any settings. It works fine on speakerphone and with headphones. No phone drops or liquid damage either. I'm on the Galaxy S9+, US version through T-Mobile, model SM-G965U. WTH is going on!

Reenie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm having the same problem. Mine was a pre order too. Have you been able to find out the reason it is doing this? Mine's not been dropped or had liquid anywhere near it. Tyia 

Fran13
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I know this is the 2nd s9 I received from T mobile. I called samsung and trouble shooting didn't work. T mobile sending me a my 3rd phone. They need to talk to samsu lng.
Dipson
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey, Do you fixed that problem . I am also struggling  with same problem . Can you please tell me how to fix this problem.

0 Likes
Nance
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Mine issue was the screen protector.  Once I removed it the sound was great again.  

Jbella
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
See my post
0 Likes
Fran13
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Like I stated in my initial posting my situation had nothing to do with a screen protector, I had 3 phones with this same problem.  The person on the other end can hear you just fine the speaker and headphones work but you cannot hear the other party.  This is a factory defect and I suggest that you get a replacement that's what I had to do.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this last phone does not have the same problem.

0 Likes
S9volumelow
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just traded my Samsung S5 for the S9. Noticing call volume is very low and can't be increased anymore. No case interferes, nothing over ear phone. All system updates done. Is there a hidden base setting for the audio? 

I will check with Samsung to. Just wondered have wide spread this is or is it just me?