Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 01:07 PM)
Angela96
Journeyman
Options

I've had my S9 about 18 months and in the last week the battery is draining rapidly.  For example, at 6.30am it was 100% by 10:00am it was 1%.  I only use it for browsing, emails etc so not a lot.  I was advised from an android forum to 'clear cache partition'???  I did this and it has improved slightly in that I turned it on around 7.30 am this morning at 100%, its now 13:00 and it's at 10%.  It's really annoying.    Can anyone help, in sim

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you run the phone fkr a day without charging and take a screenshot of your battery stats and post them here please @Angela96 

This should help to highlight what's using the battery.

Poor signal and background processes can chew up battery.

Some apps can be put to sleep or even deep sleep on Android 10 to stop unwanted processess.

Sometimes backing up and removing any relevant Sd card and factory resetting can help.

It can be tricky to diagnose battery life issues so a lot is trial and error when trying to get to the bottom of the issue.

If you perform a forum search you'll see similar posts with advice within.

Also.....

All-about-batteries. 

Credits to @Cassidy007   :smiling-face:

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test when they re open.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Cassidy007
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

Hi @Angela96 and welcome on this forum

As @BandOfBrothers  says : 

It can be tricky to diagnose battery life issues so a lot is trial and error when trying to get to the bottom of the issue.

Wipe cache partition is always a good thing after a android update but if it don't work, Go in the Settings / Applications / Device Care / Storage and empty the cache and clear the Data...After this, reboot the device.

Also, in Device care, click on Battery and  be sure you have Optimized in Power Mode. Click in App power management and be sure you have enable Adaptative Battery and put unused apps to sleep like ine the following pictures.

You have to tell us if the battery has started to get drain after a update or after than you install a new appplication or with No reasons, this is really important for us.

Pictures may be different, please tell me which Android version you actually have on your S9 device

Device Care in the battery settingsDevice Care in the battery settingsScreenshot_20200606-010543_Device care.jpg

Vous aimez la photographie ? Si OUI, cliquez ici : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/parlons-photographie/bd-p/photo-club-forum-fr
You like photography , if YES, Click here : https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/photography-talk/bd-p/photo-club-forum-uk
Angela96
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have been trying to run all day but for example I charged it overnight and when I turned on and opened up it was 96%, that was about an hour ago and now its 71%.  Where will I find the battery stats?

There was an update on 24th MayScreenshot_20200606-092844_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Settings . Device Care. Tap Battery. Tap on Battery Usage.

Mine looks.like this however take into account I charge up on a night with my phone switched off.

Screenshot_20200606-093838_Device care.jpg

My phone is on Android 10.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes
Angela96
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for getting back to me.  I've checked all the steps you sent me and they are all set correctly.  This has started happening since the last update on 24th May.  I'm attaching screenshot of Software Information and Latest Update Information for you.  This morning my phone was fully charged by the time it had booted up and I had signed in, it was 96% and hour later it was 71%.Screenshot_20200606-092844_Software update.jpgSoftware Information.jpg

0 Likes
Angela96
Journeyman
Options

Thanks.  See attached.Battery Usage.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Angela96 

However to proceed we do need to see a screenshot similar to the one I've provided.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes
Angela96
Journeyman
Options
Sorry to be a nuisance, do you mean the battery usage one that is in black above?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes the same as minenthst I've uploaded.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

0 Likes