Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 replacement battery for my s9

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 03:35 AM)
MysticalNutter
Journeyman
Options

I need some advice please. 

I have the s9 and I absolutely love my phone. I've never had any problems with it. 

However I do need to charge it every day and that's expected for the battery specs. I'm looking to replace that with the s10 battery as I know that will fit in my s9.

I don't want to replace my s9 with the s10, as I have everything I need and it's updated with the latest software. Also I want to save myself money. 

So which battery from the s10 is to replace my battery with please? And where is the best place to purchase one from? 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Do not replace with a battery that is not compatible with your phone the S10 and S9 are completely different phones. if you're going to replace the battery get the battery for a S9 also remember you will void any warranty and you will lose the water resistance on your phone and you will most likely crack the back glass when opening. other than that it's a simple procedure to replace the battery on a phone. do not cheap out and get a aftermarket battery as the can cause fires.
MysticalNutter
Journeyman
Options

Hi Gavin.

Thankyou for getting back to me. Ok I understand what you are saying, however I have asked others who know about Samsung devices, and they advised that it is possible to replace my device with the s10 battery. 

Is it possible I could replace it with the s9 plus battery? Or is there a more upgraded battery for the s9 with more juice? 

I look forward to your reply. 

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
don't do it! get it replaced properly from Samsung, never skim on health and safety it could cost you your house and/or life
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Agree with both comments - Safety first ! Have it replaced with an original genuine Samsung battery
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
hi no I believe the samsung battery has a small motherboard that communicates with the phone.
0 Likes
orionashe
First Poster
Options

Yes, it's possible to replace your s9 battery with a battery that has a larger capacity, in other words, a higher mAh. However, you'll have to make sure the battery has exactly the same dimensions and similar output voltage as the stock s9 battery. It is also totally safe to simply replace your battery with a new s9 battery, check out ifixit.com, it is a lot cheaper too just make sure you fully acquaint yourself with the process. I don't suggest opening your device and doing any work if you have an active warranty though; Just get it fixed or replaced by your provider.

0 Likes
Mohammed Bilal486
First Poster
Options

Hi there mate, hey did you change the battery on Galaxy S9? I want to change the batteries on my phone as well. So if the Galaxy S10's battery was compatible with S9; I'll put in the S10 batteries as well.

0 Likes
MysticalNutter
Journeyman
Options
Thankyou everyone for your advice, it's much appreciated. I'm sticking with getting an original Samsung s9 battery as a replacement for my phone. Not using any other batteries as I don't want to risk breaking my phone. Should be getting it done at the weekend.
0 Likes
MysticalNutter
Journeyman
Options
Hi Mohammed. I asked a Samsung representative about if I could get the s10 battery as a replacement. They advised against it as it won't be compatible with my device.
0 Likes