Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Problem already?

(Topic created on: 13/03/18 21:42)
Lazer7910
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have got my s9+ yesterday and so far im kinda unhappy with it, small but things i should be able not to worry about, yhe emojis (i dont like them) i would like to go back to the note 8 vertion of them. And the icon frames i think thisbis a glitch even when i select icon only it still keeps the frame on 70% of the apps. 

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
AntS
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi @Lazer7910! :robothappy:

Anything about the emojis in particular you're not liking?

Regarding the frames, many apps redesigned for Oreo occupy the same space as an icon frame. Have you had a look to see if there's a different Theme to change the look and feel of your icons to one that works for you? Long press an empty space on the Home screen > tap 'Themes' > browse 'Themes', and download one that you'd like to try out.

Lazer7910
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

i just done like them, they feel like the apples and i prefer the previous samsung ones, its a small thing but i dont know how to change back, also i dont  understand what you mean about the frames, my note8 has the frames that work so i know what apps should and should.

JoeyYaad
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I am having the same icon frame issue, there is a toggle switch under Display-->Icon Frames-->Icons Only that seems to do nothing. There is a glitch that hopefully will get fixed soon. The icons just look ugly with a frame.

AntS
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Lazer7910: Thanks! The new emoji style is a standard part of the new software, but I'm happy to feed your thoughts on the emojis back to our software team.

Are you able to post a screenshot highlighting the icon frame issue? (Same question to you too @JoeyYaad. :robothappy:)

JoeyYaad
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Email, Whatsapp Outlook, Messages  and Hangouts without FramesEmail, Whatsapp Outlook, Messages and Hangouts without FramesAlmost All Google Icons have the "White" frameAlmost All Google Icons have the "White" frame

Lazer7910
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
yes this is what i have to (cant say if we have all the same apps "broken") but this is basicly when it is even when turing on icon only mode
JoeyYaad
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I believe this is an Oreo OS issue with the Samsung's launcher.
0 Likes
AntS
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Cheers guys! :robothappy:

As I posted here, some app developers have redesigned their icons to be the same size and shape of a frame.

In this case it looks as though that the relevant Google app icons have been redesigned by their developers to look exactly like the framed version - hence why switching between 'Icon only' and 'Icons with frames' has no apparent affect on them.

0 Likes
JoeyYaad
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yes, it's the new adaptive icon design from Google that is not compatible with Samsung's S9/S9+ launcher.

0 Likes