Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help!

(Topic created on: 20-12-2021 04:07 PM)
Drislord
Journeyman
Options

lock screen.png

I have this lock symbol on my screen. My problem is that i broke my screen, and cant see or touch anything. i have a screen adapter so that i can use my tv as a second screen with a usb mouse. but im stuck on this screen and cant do anything. this is a last desperate cry to try and gain access to my phone, in order to recover notes saved on the device. remote backup is not working with the notes app

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Drislord
Journeyman
Options

As i stated, i have a screen adapter. And the screenshot i posted is a lock screen, because it didnt have permission from the phone to, firstly use samsung dex, and secondly unlock the phone. I connected a usb keyboard to the screen adapter, and blindly pressed Tab to highlight the accept button to use samsung dex, and then enter to accept. then i entered my pin and pressed enter again. (i practiced first using another working phone where i could see what i was doing) After this i could use my tv as a second screen. connected the usb mouse and made the backups i needed

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
You could try below

Go to Samsung
Find My Mobile
from a computer, tablet or another phone

Select UNLOCK

Set a new password or pin

Samsung Find My Mobile also disables biometric scanners, so once you set your new password you can use it to unlock your Galaxy phone.

For some more detail

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-cant-unlock-my-device/
Drislord
Journeyman
Options

tried remote unlock from there. it´s not working.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
I updated the link
Give it another try 😉
0 Likes
Drislord
Journeyman
Options

Yeah i already browsed around the site, but can find anything to help me with my problem. i know its a unique situation, since i havent found anyone with the same problem.

0 Likes
Drislord
Journeyman
Options

I maneged to make my own workaround and solve the issue

0 Likes
MGAlumRock
Explorer
Options
Use it remotely to your PC?? Access it that way ???
0 Likes
Drislord
Journeyman
Options

Are you asking what my workaround was? or are you suggesting new solutions?

0 Likes
MGAlumRock
Explorer
Options
Sorry did not see other reply. Remotely by computer was my suggestion also. Goodlook.
0 Likes
EmilyHolmquist
First Poster
Options

I am having this same problem, do you mind telling me your workaround? Thank you.

0 Likes