Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Pie ui software update. Keyboard issues

(Topic created on: 10/02/20 04:32)
Ash25
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Anyone know of a fix for the new keyboard. Having nothing but trouble since the updates. Having to use Samsung keyboard with predictive turned off. In some apps the keyboard is transparent. The chat box pops up but no keyboard. I cant be switching between keyboards for different apps and in game chat. There must be a simple solve. Help me out please. 

Samsung S9

Upgraded to ONE UI FOR ANDROID PIE

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Xcho
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Same with me, i cant find the keyboard when in game.

0 Likes
TracyR
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey @Xcho @Ash25 

Try just clearing the cache for the keyboard:

Settings > Apps > More (Three Dots) > Show System Apps > Samsung Keyboard > Storage > Clear Cache

You may also want to clear the data, but this will wipe any customer language settings and learned words

Settings > Apps > More (Three Dots) > Show System Apps > Samsung Keyboard > Storage > Clear Data

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Same here.  Even more annoying is the fact that my keyboard is too low on the screen in landscape mode. The space bar displays in the curved edge of the screen on my S9+.  Makes it very difficult to use.  

0 Likes
kelleme
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

refreshing cache and clearing data did not help,

every time the keyboard is engaged to perform a task, the keyboard moves the screen but the keyboard does not display, ie no qwertyuiop buttons nothing.

0 Likes
codemedian
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

exaclty the same issue here, hope it'll be fixed asap, really annoying

0 Likes