Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos have disappeared for no reason

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 08:38 PM)
BangM
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone, I'm having a prolem with my photos in the galary. I'm using galaxy note 9 and most of photos are stored in the internal storage. However, all of them have gone amd I have no idea why. Photos in the screenshots and camera have been gone for no reason. I checked the recycle bin but found none. Do you have any clue of where to find them? Thank you very much.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BangM Have you searched in My Files as well as Google photos? Do you have syncronisation with One Drive set up? Are you photos not backed up anywhere else such as Dropbox  or an External local storage Device? I would recommend backing up photos and files, cannot really take the chance.

However if you cannot locate anywhere you might be able to recover using Data Recovery software,I cannot recommend any one myself though as have not needed this option but you see some information here https://geekflare.com/android-data-recovery/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BangM
Apprentice
Options
Hi @JAMES4578 thank you so much for your advice. I'll look into the drives.
keith30
Maestro
Options
Your best using Google photo's app as the gallery sync to onedrive is hopeless. It's been like that since Samsung stopped backing up your photos and forcing everyone to use Microsoft onedrive to back them up. I use Google photos as it's better and you usually have better and bigger storage as well cos with onedrive you are limited of how much you can use without paying for more storage.
BangM
Apprentice
Options
Thank you very much for your info.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It is a matter of choice, though would not rely on one cloud service. Personally have not had significant issues with One Drive.  

A comparison of the various services here https://expertphotography.com/best-photo-storage-app/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes