Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Charging

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 09:43 AM)
mijawall61
Apprentice
Options
Hi. Is it good for the battery to keep my S9+ on charge overnight or best to charge only when needed? I mean rather a preference of when to charge. What's the optimum for the battery. Thx
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
bubblechris
First Poster
Options
No it's not recommended. Charge it any time during the day when it drops to around 50%. With my Samsung i do this just before I go to bed. I always have a spare battery pack in case of emergencies. Better safe than sorry
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I never charge my phone overnight.. it means that I can charge it before I go to work and still have 70% battery life when I get home...
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @mijawall61 

There is a lot of opinions on how best to charge a phone.

Just Google to subject and you'll see on tech blog pages and forums like this one.  :smiling-face:

Some don't let their phone's reach 100% full charge.

I do not let me phone drop below 15% but I've had no issues over the many years I've been using phone's from letting it reach 100% or have had any issues charging overnight in any way.

The phone and Samsung Charares are clever enough to know when 100% has been reached and then it reverts to trickle charging.

Personally I turn my phone Off overnight and charge it via normal charging i.e I don't use fast charging unless I need a quick boost of power which is rare.

This is my own experience and personal opinion.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "