Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override family link

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 08:25 AM)
Plantje
Helping Hand
Options

This should be pretty straight forward, but I cannot find it...

My children both have some Android devices: A Samsung Galaxy S8, an S9, a Galaxy Tab A 2019 and a Tab S6 Lite.

Now, my daughter asked me to reset her phone to factory settings and I don't know how to do this. If I go to the menu to reset the phone it indicates parental control is active and I cannot perform the action. I understand that as I am logged in using my dauhgter's account. But I cannot find the option to (temporarily) allow her to do this.

Same goes for providing her access to Ziggo WiFi spots. In order to access those, I need to install a certificate. Where can I find the option to elevate the rights for a brief time, install the certificate and then have everything back to normal again?

I am not looking for completely removing my childs ACCOUNT from supervision. I just want to perform some actions on a DEVICE of my child as a PARENT.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
If you set up the kids phone with your Google account as the parent, all of the settings to delete child device and set up app permissions etc are though the Google Family Link app which you can get from the Google play store if it isn't on your device already.
0 Likes
Plantje
Helping Hand
Options

Euh... no, I have reset the phone to factory settings. Then I logged in using my child's account. Since my child has an account that is under supervision I had to login as a parent for some actions.

And this is exactly what I would expect: my kids being able to use the phone and for some (type of) actions they will get a popup stating:"Help of your parent is needed". That would then allow me to login and allow that action.
This is happening for some other actions.

0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
If you have a the family link app on your phone, you can set permissions and timers etc from your device via the app rather than having to input in your details to approve on your kids devices. For example you can approve an app for download on their device if they choose one from the Google play store directly from your device.
0 Likes
Plantje
Helping Hand
Options

Yes, I am aware of that.

How can I allow my daughter to install a certificate (for use of Ziggo WiFi spots)?
How can I allow my daughter to reset the phone to factory settings?

MBagshaw15
Explorer
Options
Volume down key +Bixby key+ power key should boot the phone into bios. Use the volume key to go to reset to factory settings
0 Likes