Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Opening mobile data on quick setting notifications panel

(Topic created on: 07-02-2020 08:04 PM)
Mobile_data
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Does anyone know how to open mobile data with an icon on quick setting notifications panel on galaxy s9?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
GeorgeC
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi @Mobile_data 

From what I can see, the device is from US, or at least running US (AT&T,Sprint,Verzion) software - this might be the reason.

Looking a bit further, it seems this quick button is disabled by AT&T. See more herehere and here (for S6).

I would suggest not to mess with the software on it as long as it works even if this is inconvenient - you can still disable/enable mobile data.

Best

Present: SM-N960F | SM-R800 | QC35 | Yunmai Balance | SM-R140 |
Previous: SM-N950F | SM-R600 | QC35 |EE-MG950 |
Zohrehda
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Hi, my mother doesn't have mobile data icon on her phone too, how can i help her
0 Likes
joseF4
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hello @GeorgeC

I have this problem too, but finally does it have any solution? I have an s9+ cell phone

Bests

0 Likes
Zohrehda
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I live in Iran and here a repairman said I can install European version software on my phone
0 Likes
Mohiu
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I want to add data button in notification bar plz help meI want to add data button in notification bar plz help me

0 Likes
Thiranja
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hay I had the same issue with my note 5, after doing some research I found that it is caused by a switched off setting which is not accessible to users, And it can be overcome with a workaround which involves ADB. (Android Debug Bridge)

If you do not know anything about ADB follow this guide on restoring missing mobile data icon, which has step by step guide which anyone can follow, also include a much simpler solution, which might solve the issue.

Steps for solving the issue is as follows,

• Connect the device with ADB,
  • Run the command adb Shell to enter the phones command line
  • Now you have to enter the command settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles to load settings of the quick settings (Icons on the notification bar)
  • The above command will print all the icons present on the quick settings, copy them to notepad.
  • Now append another item to the list, as MobileData
  • Now execute settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles with items on the notepad as the inputs.

0 Likes
Hicham4
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Mobile data

0 Likes