Original topic:

Only about 10% experiencing drop outs on S9/+ calls

(Topic created on: 17/04/18 02:48)
djleecharles
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi Folks

Okay some of you will already know Im one of many who appear to be having a call drop out problem on the S9/+ when on a phone call

For me it can be 10 seconds or minutes where the person on the other end of the line can't hear me

So, I made a video,  a sort of musical rant (excuse the singing I sound like a strangled frog I know)

{{Click here to watch it}}

The idea is to like it if you experience the same or similar?

But so far I'm surprised it's running at less than 10% of views to people having the problem?

I thought it would be a lot more than 10 percent? As I've had 3 phones so far and all 3 have done the same thing!

And that's to drop out during almost every phone call!

So if you view the video and you have the same or similar experience don't forget to "like it" (even if you...ahem...don't like the singing!)

52 REPLIES 52
Doddy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I keep hearing this figure of 10% which is nonesense it is far higher.

There are multiple threads, those who say audio drop out and those who say call drops, in reality many of the call drops are the same as the audio failure but often, as I have found, the other party kills the call as they think they have lost the S9 party.  We should be adding most of those two issues together.  Add to that those who make short calls and so perhaps do not see the issue as often and add to that those who dont realise what is going ohn and have yet to report it or who do not frequent forums.  Belive me the number is significantly higher than 10%. 

10% is far too high but is really letting Samsung off the hook as the numbers are much higher and the media should be made aware of that fact as it is taking too long for Samsung to issue a patch, accept responsibility, and answer questions as to how they could have released a phone in such as state in the first place - what was that they said after the hot battery problem - our QA was going to be better - not seen evidence of that myself!!

djleecharles
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I totally agree with you doddy I'm sure it's more than 10%

Which is the ghist of my message really that having 3 phones my self and all doing the same thing I'm surprised it's not 100%!!

I think this is going to blow up bigger than the battery fiasco and Samsung are definitely keeping quiet about it

Please like and subscribe to my latest video if you have the problem

That's a link to my latest video please help share it on Facebook and if you have the problem please like and subscribe if we can get it  to go viral maybe Samsung will accept there is  big problem

Tippi
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I'm on my second s9plus phone, and I'm still experiencing severe drop outs....I'll, once again,will be going to Verizon to see what's next. I'm so fed up
0 Likes
Dbeach
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I am so glad there are other people out there having a problem like this. Not that and what other people to go to the garbage that I've been going through but the Samsung S9 is the worst phone I've ever owned. And I'm on my second! I have had zero help from Samsung. My warranty company won't help me and now I'm stuck with a phone that drops every call, every time.
0 Likes
Somojit
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I am from20180529_204917.jpg

Hi, am from India. Samsung came out with these two updates and still facing the same call drop issues. India being little behind in the rat race. Samsung customer care people are reluctant to acknowledge the issue. Don't know how to go ahead. Is there any work around? 

0 Likes
Somojit
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Perhaps good newsPerhaps good news

Just got an update from Samsung, highlighting performance improvements for VoLTE for dual sims.  Hope we dont face call dropouts anymore.   My mobile network carrier is Airtel(India) . Fingers crossed  

ShellShark
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Hope this works for you at last!
0 Likes
Taylor436
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Anyone else experience the drop the moment a second call comes in? Literally like a half second and both the call I'm on and the incoming drop.

0 Likes
Yuvaraj80
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I received a similar update, about 400+ mb...am from Singapore...It has been 10 days now after installing the update and haven't seen the call issue occur yet..still not confident though...wouldn't call the issue as fixed until testing it out for another 4 weeks..
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
0 Likes
Mstyles
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@djleecharles wrote:

Hi Folks

Okay some of you will already know Im one of many who appear to be having a call drop out problem on the S9/+ when on a phone call

For me it can be 10 seconds or minutes where the person on the other end of the line can't hear me

So, I made a video,  a sort of musical rant (excuse the singing I sound like a strangled frog I know)

{{Click here to watch it}}

The idea is to like it if you experience the same or similar?

But so far I'm surprised it's running at less than 10% of views to people having the problem?

I thought it would be a lot more than 10 percent? As I've had 3 phones so far and all 3 have done the same thing!

And that's to drop out during almost every phone call!

So if you view the video and you have the same or similar experience don't forget to "like it" (even if you...ahem...don't like the singing!)

Sim free & dropping out

0 Likes