Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Ui stuttering and delayed transitions

(Topic created on: 06-06-2019 08:21 PM)
TGS
First Poster
Options

It has been like this for a long time.

Every update I was hoping that it would get fixed, yet it didn't.

One Ui on my Galaxy S9+ has delays and stutters in transitions.

Factory reset won't fix the problem (already tried it), my hardware is completely fine.

The only reason for this issue that I can see is bugs in the software.

One Ui is indeed a new Ui that Samsung has made with Google, thus I expect those kind of things to happen.

However, I'm surprised that those things haven't been fixed yet.

(I repeat: the problem isn't in my phone)

I ask you Samsung to fix permanetaly this lag and stutter issue.

After all you're a big company that has millions of customers, and it doesn't make sense that all of those customers will have such issues with their phone (at least for the exynos users (aka me 😣)).

So just please release a fix update.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Archer12
First Poster
Options

I can absolutely confirm this on the Note 9. I also checked in stores and found the same stutter on all new premium phones, the S10, S10+, and early display units of the Note 10+. It kind of drives me nuts that Samsung has not properly finished the Software, and that there is this obvious lack of polish. Looks like they forgot about those issues or didn't even notice them in the first place.

Cheaper Samsung phones seem not to be affected, most likely because of lower resolution (~HD+).

Before OneUI I was recommending Samsung phones to all my friends. I cannot do so anymore after the stuttering ruined the experience. It's really a pity because their hardware and software design is very nice otherwise.

0 Likes
Mikelin0804
First Poster
Options

I tried to turn the resolution of screen to HD+ and now it runs so smoothly. 

That was crazy that a premium smartphone with a laggy homescreen. All I can do is use 3rd partylauncher instead, but it turns out the animation of recent apps gone.

Samsung please fix this.

0 Likes
carolinecary
First Poster
Options

I installed yesterday One UI via odin on my S9 ( exynos ) and I've been experiencing some lag and stutter when double pressing the recent apps button to switch ... Snipping tool for mac

0 Likes