Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI/Pie Release: UK & Ireland.

(Topic created on: 04/01/19 17:09)
AntS
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi all.

Worth having a check in Samsung Members > Notices for stuff on the One UI/Pie release.

Screenshots from a UK Note9 sent to me by a hero (or two) in the office today:

image013.png

image014.PNG   

image016.jpg  image017.jpg image018.jpg

image019.jpg  image023.jpg image024.jpg

850 REPLIES 850
Garner
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@EmmGee1 wrote:

@Garner wrote:

@EmmGee1 wrote:

Jokes aside... Any of you guys rooted your device at all recently? I used to root and install custom ROMs on all my phones but haven't done since I got my S9+. I didn't want to trigger the Knox counter. But after seeing all the AOSP ROMs available for our device I'm definitely tempted! Especially now mist of them are running 9.0.... just wondered if you had dabbled?

I'm an ex developer from XDA, (search Garner) I've always had android devices since 2009 the LG G1 days 😉. This is seriously the only device I've never rooted, AOSP ROMs that are out for it are not that appealing as of yet. Loved the pixel devices for development though the newer Samsung range I.e. this is alot more powerful than the pixel series as of yet that's the reason I jumped ship 😊

Well blow me side ways Garner!! A fellow XDA'er!! I'm thinking that once this main pie update has been and gone that maybe in a few months I might start flashing ROMs again just to at least be upto date with Google's main releases. I actually thought Linage was looking pretty slick now for the S9?

Been on XDA since 2009 😬 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=2109738 

I thought linage for the galaxy s9 was just an improved version of touchwizz/One UI whatever they want to call it these days. Project treble is the best think since they did the Nexus experience software on the galaxy S4...that was 6 years ago wow! I was in Turkey on holiday when that was released 😆

0 Likes
CalumJ
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Don't worry I can take a joke even if it seemed like I can't 😂 😂
0 Likes
Dundeeunited64
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Just me that's sitting checking for updates every 10 mins?😂😂

0 Likes
CalumJ
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I think so 😂
0 Likes
Cumbria
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
ITS still not released in the UK. I'm starting to think I should've stayed wid Apple I've had the galaxy s9+ for 2 weeks and I haven't even had 1 update I'm EXTREMELY mad now samsung don't give a ***** out people in the UK. They say they do but in their heads they're just caring about other countries
0 Likes
CarlH
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi @Cumbria. The One UI is still scheduled for January, no specific date as of yet (it's only the 16th). As for owning the phone for 2 weeks without an update; these aren't released on a fortnightly basis. 

Garner
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Cumbria wrote:
ITS still not released in the UK. I'm starting to think I should've stayed wid Apple I've had the galaxy s9+ for 2 weeks and I haven't even had 1 update I'm EXTREMELY mad now samsung don't give a ***** out people in the UK. They say they do but in their heads they're just caring about other countries

Yeah Cumbria!! This is not crapple that only update their eligible devices 1 or 2 times a year with *****...whoops i mean ios software! In this day and age most high end android device manufacturers you get monthly security updates which are generally at the start of each month. 

Wilq
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

These update is s... icons big like for blind people. Gallery omg?! Where is the name on main screen under the icons camera massage etc??!!

0 Likes
Neonplanet40
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Can anyone tell me why I still can't get the update? I bought my S9+ (SM-G965F) from Amazon.de. I live in the UK and use Plusnet (reseller of EE). My phone should be unlocked?

This is what mine currently shows.

Screenshot_20190224-100923_Software update.jpg

Thank you 

0 Likes
matthewredgrave
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Show me a screenshot of the service provider in your phones software info in settings

0 Likes
Neonplanet40
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Is this the correct info you wanted?

Screenshot_20190224-110424_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
matthewredgrave
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Yes it should be unlocked so I don't know being a xeu device
0 Likes
Neonplanet40
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Its a pain that I still can't get it. I always bought unlocked phones so I didn't have to wait around for updates.

Is there a way to get the update manually that doesn't void the warranty etc so I'm not waiting around for who knows how long? 

0 Likes
SilentMaca
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Same issue as me, unlocked, can't upgrade, same August security patch as well.

0 Likes
SjorsK
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
If you haven't the update yet it might be the case that your Device is not an UK-Based Smartphone, this means that it will get the updates based of the country of origin (There is quite a few grey import going to get the cheapest prices, this is effectively a side effect considering the phones are optimised for their local markets).

When you have a non-UK Phone, I recommend to check the update schedule from the country of origin.
SilentMac
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

That might be a great shout. I bought mine second hand. Could be from a different country.

0 Likes
Neonplanet40
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Mine was from amazon Germany. However, Germany have also released the update so still don't know when I will get it. 

0 Likes
SjorsK
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Amazon might also sell things from grey import so its kinda hard to judge if its a German phone based on that. You might however try to enforce the update by checking manually. (There is also some delay on that to prevent everyone from updating at the same time, but after the release is set - You should be able to enforce it inside a week).

0 Likes
Neonplanet40
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I've been trying to force the update for a few weeks now. No luck 😞 

0 Likes
doctoreggman
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You can update the firmware using the Odin software, https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/official-stock-firmware-thread-samsung-t37644...

I haven't had a chance to do it myself yet however because my girlfriend uses the phone. 

0 Likes
Neonplanet40
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

How can you find which version to use? So many firmware to choose from. 

0 Likes