Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI camera

(Topic created on: 13/09/19 21:35)
BackDaws
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Omg Samsung why have you removed shutter Zoom on the one UI camera ? I now have to use 2 hands to zoom in and out, the whole point of one UI is 1 handed use. Please tell me this is a mistake and will be fixed in the next update. Also another stupid over look by yourselves is the search bar in app drawer, it's at the very top ***** 

Please stop making my phone less useful.

Galaxy s9 with official UK One UI

16 REPLIES 16
jjwong1992
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@TracyR

The removal of single-finger shutter zoom has destroyed the app for me. I only have one hand, so that was the one feature that drew me to the Samsung camera. Now I have to akwardly hold my phone with my left arm, use my right hand to zoom, then move my phone back to my right hand to take a photo. I've already dropped my phone a few times trying to get a good shot.

Do you mind forwarding this message to the R&D team? Much appreciated.

Greg_X
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

What "tree icon"? My S8 doesn't seem to have such a thing.

0 Likes
jignamvb
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Exactly, please please samsung, bring back the feature which zooms through the shutter.

UncleBiscuits79
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you for submitting this topic.  ***** I HATE the new camera app now.  That's the only part of OneUI that I can't stand.  I loved that you could either take a pic or start shooting a video right away.  Now you have to wait a few seconds to scroll through a ton of modes just to get to Video.  If you were trying to catch a cool moment, then F you too bad!

I also cannot stand that you can't use that sutter button to zoom.  That was really cool, and allowed you to zoom with one hand.  I take pics all the time, and this straight up doubles the amount of time it takes to get the shot that you want.   I hate this so much. 

I feel like every change to the camera app makes it HARDER TO TAKE A PICTURE.  Why??  Samsung, PLEASE FIX THESE PROBLEMS THAT YOU INTRODUCED INTO THE CAMERA APP PLEASE!!

yamaha252
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Any news for that? I hate the new camera app. Suggest looking for an old camera's apk to install

0 Likes
BackDaws
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Nah  they haven't even replied to any of the threads, I'm going to buy a Google 4a when they are released, samsung have ruined a near perfect phone for me. I won't be buying another Samsung device now.

yamaha252
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Me too :smiling-face: No any Samsung. Pixel or OnePlus
0 Likes