OLED SAVER Works for Flickering, Green Tint/ Black Sreen Issue

(Topic created on: 25-10-2021 01:55 PM)
Glenn0504
Student
Options

It works (OLED SAVER) ! here is the settings after you enable it

-set you your screen to WQHD+

-Screen Mode: Adaptive Display

-use Pixel Filtering (it would look pixelated if your screen is in FHD)

-Brightness 51

-Basic Physical Brightness 255

Mine just looks the same as before. 

The Green tint and flickering is gone, Hope it will last

Using S9 Plus Exynos

Hope it works for you too.

10 REPLIES 10
Subhashish
Student
Options

Yes, indeed. My Note 8 got the same issue post an update. Greenish screen with parallel lines started appearing on the display - lines appear only above a certain brightness. Didn't want to go to service center due to Covid and service center technicians would want to change the display altogether to make money. Used it somehow for a week. Meanwhile had started getting headaches everyday - I never imagined they were due the PWM on the screen - kept thinking it is due to late breakfasts. Then suddenly while researching for the display problem which so many users are complaining about now ( DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SAMSUNG IS SLEEPING OVER IT), came across the topic of PWM and Oled Saver app on playstore.

This little fix saved me atleast Rs 20000 for sure (~ 270 USD) .

Was facing the issue of faded colours, but then used the settings recommended by you and it works.

Thanks a ton. Let us spread the word.

Regards,

Subhashish

Sriejan
First Poster
Options

I have the note 8 and I am facing the same issue, what is wrong with the update, do you think it will be fixed in future updates?

ammudza
First Poster
Options

i have  the same issue of galaxy note 8.😬

problem appear after phone little  heat

0 Likes
Valerian_Andre
First Poster
Options

Nope. It will however be fixed if you upgrade.  samsung never fails to surprise me with bugs and issues after every new flagship release.  Tolerance is the key my friend.. 

0 Likes
TahaAli
Apprentice
Options

This issue just started for me on my US galaxy S9+ Snapdragon , but it happens only when I immediately press power button ,Some people have said it is a LCD connector cable issue , Is It ?? Anyone ??

0 Likes
Chwnchinshin
First Poster
Options

My Note 9 same issue....After install OLED Saver problem fixed.

0 Likes
Khash
First Poster
Options

does the phone last long after OLED saver?

0 Likes
puayc
First Poster
Options

Thank you. It solved the dim screen yellowish tint problem on my Note 9.
However, the AOD becomes very dim. Is there anyway to solve this?

0 Likes
Innerwinner
First Poster
Options

This is a life saver. I was encountering the same issue and tried to follow the steps even when I hardly seeing the navigation. Did the problem recur? I'm anxious now that this will happen again. My phone's warranty just expired a month ago and its so frustrating to think that this issue happened after a month without warranty. 

0 Likes