Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

notification badges dissapear when i dismiss from lockscreen

(Topic created on: 07-07-2019 03:28 AM)
bran
First Poster
Options

So I just got a brand new samsung s9 and I'm having issues with notifications.  i have it set up so apps will show badges when there are messages etc. and they work... unless i dismiss the notification from the lockscreen first. then the badge goes away.

the messages are still new, and show unread when i open the app... but no longer shows a badge on the home screen.

Ive tried restarting, clearing the cache, checked doze settings, and installing a couple of different launchers but nothing seems to be working? 

i dont like my lock screen to be cluttered but i have a terrible memory and keep losing track of texts and emails... anyone else seem to be having this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @bran 

This is the way that the notification badges are designed to work. By dismissing the notification from the lock screen, you've effectively indicated that you've 'dealt with' or been made aware of the notification and therefore the badge disappears, but the message remains unread.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @bran 

This is the way that the notification badges are designed to work. By dismissing the notification from the lock screen, you've effectively indicated that you've 'dealt with' or been made aware of the notification and therefore the badge disappears, but the message remains unread.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
KadirV
First Poster
Options

Hi, you are right. However, I might have just wanted to dismiss the notifications at that moment and check out later. Thus, it'd be great that the app icon shows the number of messages remained unread. This is very informative and I hope it can be added with further updates.

Jimbo84
Journeyman
Options
That's the way it used to be in the past, but for no reason "they" changed to what's now. A step back by android of course.