Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting latest software updates on Galaxy S9+

(Topic created on: 11-06-2019 03:33 PM)
Cosmic
First Poster
Options

Bought my galaxy s9 plus almost 6 months ago.

I'm from Bangladesh. The device I bought came from Malaysia( South East Asian Model). 

The device came with august,2018 security update. I haven't been able to update ever since I bought it. Just says that it already has the latest update.

All local sims work perfectly. Which means the device has been unlocked. It's just, I'm not getting any of the latest software updates.

Here's the regional lock guide I got with my device. I believe the device has already been unlocked since all of the local operators work like charm.Here's the regional lock guide I got with my device. I believe the device has already been unlocked since all of the local operators work like charm.

And here's the update I got when I received the deviceAnd here's the update I got when I received the device

Please help me. It has been a while.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Cosmic: Software variances exist in Samsung devices from region to region, therefore if your device is Malaysian and you a based in Bangladesh then your device is not compatible with updates in that region. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
0 Likes
Cosmic
First Poster
Options

@AndrewLThank you.

But previously I used a galaxy s8 which came from UAE. I'm still getting software update on this. Have got the pie update with one ui as well.

On the contrary, my s9 plus is still running on experience ui which is kind of ridiculous. 

Moreover, my dad uses galaxy s7 edge. Came from UAE as well. But gets softawares updates on a regular basis...

So why not now?

Is there any way to fix this issue that I'm experiencing on my galaxy S9+?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
If you're unable to update via WiFi then you may wish to try Smart Switch on your home computer. You can download the relevant version for PC or Mac via the following link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch

Once installed, connect your S9+ using your USB cable and look for an update prompt on the Home Screen, next to your device details. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Cosmic
First Poster
Options
Thanks. I'll let you know if this works
0 Likes
shamscorner
First Poster
Options
Was that work for you? I also not being able to update to the latest version.
0 Likes
AaronGB
First Poster
Options

Im having the same trouble. Hope you could update me if you found a fix. Thanks!

0 Likes