Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No System Ringtones

(Topic created on: 02-05-2019 07:54 PM)
Felix64
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've just purchased and set up my new Galaxy S9. Seems to have mostly gone smoothly however found I'm unable to configure my ringtone or notification sound. In settings they are set to over the horizon and skyline respectively.  However when I select either menu option, no system sounds appear,  just 3 audio files, 2 of which I think came from using smart switch. When I try to select one of these files, I get an error "unable to set as ringtone". Anybody any ideas??

Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Felix64: Are you attempting to add your own custom ringtone? If so please go to

Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset App Preferences > Reset

Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Ringtone > Tap the '+' symbol in the top right > Soundpicker.

You should find any personal audio files here which you can then add as a ringtone. If you're just wanting to pick a stock ringtone then go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Ringtone > Tap the circle next to your preferred option.
Felix64
Apprentice
Options
I'm not trying to do anything clever, just selecting Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Ringtone. When I do this there are 3 audio files, when I select any of them, the selection is rejected with the error I mentioned previously
0 Likes
Felix64
Apprentice
Options
Aha the other part of your reply pointed to the solution. I selected the wrong "complete action using" option. Shouldn't have selected audio files. Selected media storage and it works. Thanks
AndrewL
Options

Ah, that's great news. Enjoy!

0 Likes
Pu239
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset App Preferences > Reset

Is there a way to do this without resetting all app preferences? (I have a lot of them and it would be better if I could change reset the one /two app preferences that are actually required), thanks :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Agoro
First Poster
Options

I think it's the best way to go.... Considering the headache it gave me, trying to navigate the system.

0 Likes
Agoro
First Poster
Options

You are a life saver 😁. Thanks buddy 👍

0 Likes
Ram7613
First Poster
Options

It has worked well, but Whatsapp lost all the names of contacts. This become another problem 🤣🤣

0 Likes
Prim
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My samsung A70 just stopped recognizing the personal ringtone I assigned to it.

I also found out that in between telephone conversations,  incoming calls ring out loudly while calls are ongoing.

This wasn't so before now.

I went to the setting to reassign the ringtone but it still will ringout using Samsung inbuilt ringtone.

Kindly help me out.

Thank you

0 Likes