Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No delivery report option?

(Topic created on: 11-12-2022 07:16 PM)
Loubylou43
Apprentice
Options
I've been through Samsung help and Smarty online chat to try to find out why when I access messages > 3 dots > more settings > text messages the only option i see is 'view messages on sim card' and no other options. On my s7 (and according to Smarty help) there was the option to switch on/off delivery reports. Even when googling it seems to show the s9 having the ability for reports yet mine seems to be missing completely. Any help greatly appreciated!
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Have a look under Messages -> Settings -> More Settings -> Text Messages -> Show when read. Should be a toggle on/off option.
0 Likes
Loubylou43
Apprentice
Options
Nothing at all. It says text messages at the top then under that "view messages on sim card". Almost like the option is missing.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The feature of delivery reports is usually a network driven feature @Loubylou43 

Does your network definitely Still support this feature.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Loubylou43
Apprentice
Options
I bet that's what it is. Their help section says not all phone are supported with their network but the customer service advisor i did a live chat with seemed quite confused as to why it wasn't working so made me think it was possible. Been thinking about changing anyway. Thanks very much for clarifying that for me.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Loubylou43 

I know that sometimes a delivery report can be forced through by putting a shortcode before a message but again that's very much dependent on the network again and one has to remember to add it everytime. 

Take care. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

James-H-A88
First Poster
Options

I don't think its that cause mines the same as yours ad I havent changed network or price plan or anything just phone cause I broke my s8 and that had delivery reports just my s9 don't all it has is view messages on sim  

0 Likes
James-H-A88
First Poster
Options

Well mine is the same as hers only shows view messages on sim but my last phone had them and I received them just got a new phone not sim or plan and now i don't get them since getting an s9 so im thinking maybe somethings not right as defo nothing to do with my sim plan

0 Likes
Angel marie
Student
Options

Has anyone fixed this or figured it out? I have tried everything. My phone is all updated I've tried chatting with help and they were no help. I've went into the three dots option and all it says is tex messages option is sim card and even when I press that nothing happens. There is no option for showing when is delivered or when read. Its weird cause my sister has the same phone and hers has the option 

0 Likes
genesis72400
First Poster
Options

same here. the delivery report was working on my old S8 and today when moving to the S9+ I don't have the option available in the message app!

it's the same simcard, same operator but I can't get the delivery notification enabled because the button is not in the app settings!!