Original topic:

No Alarm Sound?

(Topic created on: 11/03/19 13:40)
waseemmm89
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi,

I have been experiencing some issues after the One UI update.

Some times the Alarm sound does not go off, the phone just vibrates. Even if I try changing to a different sound there is no sound.

I have checked that the volume is turned up.

Is anyone else having this issue? 

The only way I know how to fix this is to restart the phone which is quite annoying as I only realise there is no sound when the phone vibrates and it actually wakes me up otherwise I just sleep through the alarm as there is no sound. 

107 REPLIES 107
inesinhaa
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
hello. I'm having the same issue... getting late for work every day because it doesn't play any song. I try Bixby and try Samsung default songs and nothing. oddly, I try put the alarm on the day and it rings. it's impossible I'm not listening the alarm every day for 2 months and also my boyfriend doesn't listen. what should I do? didn't understand how to solve the issue... i have a s9
0 Likes
inesinhaa
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
hello. I'm gonna try this one as I was on. this is such a stupid option I don't even know if I put on or not. thanks
A91
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I've had Samsung phones for the last 3 years and I didn't even know that this was an option! I'm glad it helped 🤗
0 Likes
A91
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Hopefully it worked for you!
LunaStar
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

For me, my alarm only works (so far) when I turn off "do not disturb" and the same thing happens even after today's update.

0 Likes
Tam21
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I always have my phone on vibrate and my alarms have always made a sound. I did an update at the beginning of March and since then my alarms don't make a sound unless it is in the sound mode. Why has it changed.

0 Likes
midnitestich
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It did the same to me after an update. I had to go to the clock and tap on the 3 dots, then tap settings, look and see if there is an alarm sound under SOUND. If not assign one and you should have your alarm sound back.

0 Likes
Tam21
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have fixed the problem, I went into clock, settings, at the top was vibrate for alarms and timers I turned that toggle off. Wow what a round about that is .I never go into settings in the clock, maybe it turned on after the update, who knows. Thank you all it has been interesting reading everything. Hope you all have a great day. 

0 Likes