Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Alarm Bug

(Topic created on: 13-02-2020 06:38 PM)
Serious_Up
Apprentice
Options

Even after updating to Android 10 on my S9, the native clock still has a bug where it is incorrectly reporting the next alarm to third-party apps like my weather app widget.  For example, if my next alarm is set for 7:00, the widget displays 6:55 (always 5 minutes off).  I've tried installing the Google clock app and this problem does not exist when setting an alarm in that clock app (i.e. next alarm is shown correctly in the weather widget).  The weather app developer has also confirmed this is a Samsung issue.  This problem has existed for some time now.  What is Samsung doing about this?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Serious_Up,

Just so we're on the same page, is the set alarm time being shown is incorrect on the Widget display for the Clock? Are you able to drop a screen shot here, so I can get a better look? Cheers.
0 Likes
Serious_Up
Apprentice
Options

To be clear, this problem exists only for the native clock app.  When using another clock app, like Google Clock, there is no problem.  In the attached screen shots, you can see that the alarm is set for 3:00, but the alarm time reported to the widget and displayed is 2:55. The app maker even built a workaround for this known issue to allow users to add a five minute pad to the time to correct it.  However, this then makes all other alarms and reminders coming from apps other than the native clock incorrect by five minutes in the other direction (i.e. 2:00 would be displayed as 2:05 due to adding the five minute pad).  I have switched to using Google Clock and have no issues.

Screenshot Alarm.jpgScreenshot Home Screen Widget.jpg

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for this. That's quite an odd one, have you tried removing the Widget, deleting the cache from the Clock app in Settings > Apps > Clock > Storage > Clear data. Then, restarting the phone, setting up the alarm again, and then, set up the Widget again, to see if this helps?
0 Likes
Serious_Up
Apprentice
Options

This doesn't help.  As I indicated earlier, the app developer knows this an issue with some Samsung phones and added a "fix" to compensate for this.  They have said that the clock API is reporting the wrong time.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
I see, did the developers confirm this via an error report? Just want to make sure this has been reported.
0 Likes
Serious_Up
Apprentice
Options

Don't know.  They just said that this is known issue with some Samsung devices.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for confirming. If you do have continues issues, you can send further error reports. To submit an error report, please following these instructions: Launch ‘Samsung Members App’ > Get help > Send Feedback > Error Report.
0 Likes
Guster
Explorer
Options

This is definitely an issue with Samsung Clock, and it is well known to developers of clock apps. Samsung unfortunately either doesn't understand, or doesn't believe there is an issue. It wouldn't take them long to see for themselves by conducting a test or two but for some reason they are unwilling to do this. The solution is to not use Samsung Clock to set alarms, but use Google Clock instead, which doesn't suffer from the bug.

0 Likes
milepan
Student
Options

Hi, same problem on s10e with stock alarm and FancyWidget