Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery Alarm sounding on A11 - restart only way to silence

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 12:44 AM)
Rebekah1
Student
Options

Hi all, I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A11 and have been having issues for the last week with a mystery alarm sounding at 8am every morning, and the only way to turn it off is to do a full restart of the phone. I have deleted all alarms but this alarm continues to sound every morning at 8am.

There is no way to turn it off/snooze the alarm once it starts and I have checked the running apps but none are listed.

I have not added any extra clock or alarm apps and this is really starting to annoy me.

Any advice or suggestions on what could be causing this would be appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AsadM
Options

Hi @Rebekah1, let's try running the phone in safe mode before this alarm goes off to determine if this is happening because of a third party app or not. If the alarm doesn't go off during safe mode, this will suggest it's part of a third party app. 

Information on safe mode can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

Rebekah1
Student
Options

Thanks AsadM, I put the phone into safe mode and the alarm did not sound, any suggestions on how I can identify the app causing the issue?

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Rebekah1 

This would be a case of trial and error we're afraid. Start with the last downloaded and take it from there. Also, have a look at the apps downloaded to see if any would have a use for an alarm setting or prompt.

0 Likes