Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s9 plus screen flickers

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 07:32 AM)
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options

I've been using my s9 plus for past a year and it was all good so far .but now I'm started experiencing a problem with the screen. When I turn the screen off and turn on immediately, the display flickers and a color change is there and when I keep screen off for 5 sec or more and then turn on. My display is normal and when using,  there is no issue at all. The only issue is when screen off and turn on immediately..

Does anybody experienced this before ? Or am I the first to have this weird....

Feel like moving out of Samsung now 

178 REPLIES 178
2shaezik
Apprentice
Options

It is actually annoying that we haven't gotten a single feedback from Samsung. What sort of community is this then? 

0 Likes
Maozeemoo
Student
Options

Frustrated but at the same time relieved that I'm not the only one facing the problem. Judt annotr of caution guys. DO. NOT. BOTHER. WITH. THE. MASTER. RESET. Did not solve the problem for me. The AOD is fine, just when the screen is properly switch on, so maybe something to do with the power. And the 'lines' are not on the display itself cos screenshots show up fine, and when u scroll the lines don't move. It just seems to be casting a filter over everything. What the heck is happening!?!?!? @Samsung HELPPPPPPPP!!! 

2shaezik
Apprentice
Options
Your description is exactly what I'm experiencing too. A new phone that didn't have any hard fall.
RoboS9
Journeyman
Options

I'm glad I'm not alone experience the same symptoms, screen flickers on and off rapidly.

yhmlong88
Student
Options

I have gone to the Samsung Service Centre. They confirm that this is a common problem. To change the screen will cost a lot. Might as well get another phone. This is my conclusion from them. In my opinion, this is a quality issue. Such quality issue existed in their flagship phones is not acceptable. I don't have a choice, so I am going to take up other China make phones as a protest. 

For those who still needs to use the phone, I do have a solution. Connect the phone to a screen via USB. It will work like a computer. There is also many USB powered monitors around which is cheaper than to repair. But of course as a mobile, this is not going to work. 

I can only say that I am very disappointed with Samsung's quality.

Maozeemoo
Student
Options

UPDATES GUYS.

MY PHONE SCREEN HAS GRINCHED OUT. PERMANENTLY GREEN NOW. 

aboii
Apprentice
Options

Me too, i thought i'm the only one who face this permanent greenish flickering screen. It just a few hours ago. I think this is a software issue. Because if this is a hardware issue, the possibility is so small. How can all of us facing the same problem at the same time. 

I'm from Indonesia by the way.

I hope this issue can fixed as soon as possible. Because this is the only phone I have. 

aboii
Apprentice
Options
Me too
0 Likes
AES3000
Pioneer
Options

Well, I think we are out of luck. Samsung doesn't give a rat's ass about us. Zero answers from mods or representatives from samsung. I guess they want us to pay for their mistakes, or buy their new model. I will instead buy from their competition. 

0 Likes
anish88
First Poster
Options

So I have had this issue for the past two weeks. It's definitely a hardware issue. everyone I've spoke to states that it's likely related to the display not functioning.

I 100% agree that this is a quality issue. I've had my phone in a case with a tempered glass screen protector since day one. My phone looks immaculate.

I really think Samsung should chime in and possibly help resolve these issues.

0 Likes