Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s9 plus screen flickers

(Topic created on: 20-04-2021 11:03 AM)
Cruztech
Apprentice
Options

I've been using my s9 plus for past a year and it was all good so far .but now I'm started experiencing a problem with the screen. When I turn the screen off and turn on immediately, the display flickers and a color change is there and when I keep screen off for 5 sec or more and then turn on. My display is normal and when using,  there is no issue at all. The only issue is when screen off and turn on immediately..

Does anybody experienced this before ? Or am I the first to have this weird....

Feel like moving out of Samsung now 

178 REPLIES 178
Vaibs
First Poster
Options

I am also facing the same issue now as I have recently updated my Phone(S9) to the latest Software. I was ignoring the software update for months but didnt realized an update launched long ago, could result in such issue. @Samsung please help us to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Александр1
First Poster
Options

Такая же проблема. Что делать не понятно. Самсунг не хочет решать проблему, даже не отвечает. Отправили меня в сервисный центр за свой счет диагностировать проблему. 

0 Likes
Nethu
Student
Options

Why Samsung officials do not make a sound here. Did they do this purposely to sell their new phones. Because all users here complain that the issue occurred after updating...?

It is pathetic...! since the warranty period is over ...to whom we should complain. I think they should learn a lesson. We should all raise our voice.. They should at least acknowledge this.  Why they cant see these posts... such an irresponsible company....

Let's make a decision. Don't go for SAMSUNG ever...!

RoboS9
Journeyman
Options

The answer is class action law suit. There is enough impacted people here that a law firm will take this on for a percentage of the result. Needs to be done.

0 Likes
AyushS
First Poster
Options

The OLED saver has also stopped performing upto the expectation. AOD has decreased my battery performance from last 8 months. Samsung atleast help us to downgrade the OS as we don't need fancy updates. We just need our phones to work normal.

If not possible then please instruct service centres to not ask for money if at all display replacement is required since you guys are already ignoring this issue and not sending a software patch.

I have tried *#0*#  diagnostic mode to test my screen condition. There is not dead zone in my screen. So what has went wrong I am not able to understand. And why the screens of so many other people went bad after that same update.

0 Likes
Members_keO4h1x
First Poster
Options

Called their support, they say this is all rumors, but we are many suffering the issue. Sad to see a business going so unethical. Apple will be my next choice... never thought to say that.

0 Likes
VBPhilomath
Journeyman
Options

I just started having this problem within the past month with my Galaxy S9. I'm in the US. I found this thread after it happened AGAIN after I had a 13 minutes phone call with my son. I always make sure my software is up to date. After reading this thread I have uninstalled all the apps that I've installed in the past three months, turned on AOD, and we'll see.

At least I am now convinced that this is a software problem and not hardware. I really don't want to buy a new phone right now.

0 Likes
qamarhafeez
Student
Options

I had same issue with my s9 plus. A flagship phone does not supposed to be having issue in just 1.5 years of usage. I am very disappointed with Samsung, If it is not going to fix soon, i will never buy a Samsung product again.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Same problem here solved my problem only for 1h by doing this :

How to Wipe Cache Partition in Galaxy S9

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

How to Master Reset Galaxy S9

1. Back up data on the internal memory. If you have signed into a Samsung account on the device, you have activated Anti-theft and will need your Samsung credentials to finish the master reset.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  4. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’.
  6. Press Power button to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted.
  8. Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
  9. When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

When the flickering starts I launch this  application and it stops, which proves that it is a software problem, and that it is samsung doing this so that we buy a new smartphone, its been more than 10 years since I uses samsung but after this i will take a OnePlus or Xiaomi, the problem is they don't even answer on this forum with 17 pages . 

0 Likes