Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Galaxy 9+ can't receive iMessage texts.

(Topic created on: 28-08-2020 07:31 PM)
JudieB
First Poster
Options

This has happened twice with 2 different iPhone users.  It just started, and I don't know if it's something on my end or a setting on the iPhone

If they create a group text with me and someone else, I am able to get the messages, but not if it's just from that one iPhone user.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@JudieB: Have you recently moved over to Android from iPhone, and kept the same number? If so, please de-register from iMessage and FaceTime, as this has been known to resolve issues when receiving messages from other iPhone users. Let me know if this works for you. 

0 Likes
JudieB
First Poster
Options

Hi!!  No, I've always had an Android phone, never an iPhone user.  I do have a MAC computer, and that's where these text messages are showing up.  I'm getting nothing on my Android phone which is where I want to receive my text messages.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JudieB: Are you able to ask the sender to disable iMessage in their messages app when they text you, to see if the texts come through to your phone in SMS format? 

0 Likes
JudieB
First Poster
Options

Do you know where they would do that?  Is it specific to messages only to me?  Or would she have to do that on her phone across all messaging?  She's not terribly tech savvy, so I'd like to make it as easy for her to follow the directions as possible.  She doesn't have this problem with other friends who have Androids, so I thought it was a setting on my side?

0 Likes
Armour
First Poster
Options
your phone number may be attached to imessage on your apple account via you mac. you should be able to disable it there preventing your mac fro. getting imessafes and having your senders send them to your phone as sms as iPhone and apple devices automatically send as imessage to other apple users unless they or the receiver opts out of it...
0 Likes
JudieB
First Poster
Options

Thanks!  That sounds logical!  Any chance you know where I can find instructions for disassociating my cell phone number with my MAC for iMessages?  I've Googled it but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

0 Likes