Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple apps crashing

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 12:47 AM)
Potatobot
Student
Options

it started a few hours ago, i opened up wattpad and it kept kicking me out, also happening with tumblr, tiktok and email ive tried clearing the app cache and data but it dosent seem to be working, ive updated the apps and re installed them, any fixes?

Go to solution
78 REPLIES 78
Ally3105
Explorer
Options
same here.very frustraring
rebeccajayne
Explorer
Options
go to play store and search android webview and uninstall it. it's been happening to a lot of people tonight!! hope this helps....dont forget to click 3 dots and turn off auto update
jools24
Apprentice
Options
try going into application manager, click on chrome and uninstall updates. all my apps then started working again, including email.
rebeccajayne
Explorer
Options
go to play store and search android webview and uninstall it. it's been happening to a lot of people tonight!! hope this helps....dont forget to click 3 dots and turn off auto update
rebeccajayne
Explorer
Options
Ally3105
Explorer
Options
Thank u so much everybody 4 ur help n advice i can now go in2 my e mails n other apps woohoo:-))
0 Likes
Ally3105
Explorer
Options
Thank u so much:-))
Seems ok so far now
0 Likes
Nibbie
Apprentice
Options

I don't have android webview so there must be something else happening

0 Likes
Nibbie
Apprentice
Options

tried this and still not working for me, did a restart and still no luck

0 Likes
Nibbie
Apprentice
Options

This is from Samsung Support on Twitter, this worked for me ...

Hi! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please remove the Webview Update and then restart the phone. Here are the steps: Go settings > apps > tap the three dots in the top right corner > show system apps > search for Android System WebView > select Uninstall updates. ^Nina