Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple apps crashing

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 01:03 PM)
Potatobot
Student
Options

it started a few hours ago, i opened up wattpad and it kept kicking me out, also happening with tumblr, tiktok and email ive tried clearing the app cache and data but it dosent seem to be working, ive updated the apps and re installed them, any fixes?

78 REPLIES 78
SamC1
Apprentice
Options
thank you! this has worked for me
Ajvic95
First Poster
Options
I reset my samsung s20 ultra but I backed up my data's before wiping off my phone but after recovering my data I can't find my pictures in my gallery as it only brings up the ones from what's app how do I recover my pictures in my gallery
0 Likes
anniebless
Student
Options
what you need to do is update the android system Web view I just did it and my phone is working again
Maniii
First Poster
Options
Help me plz!!! I cannot even log into my emails or any apps.. I have a S7 😑😐😑😭😭😭
0 Likes
edininja
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same issue and my webview is already disabled. There is no option to uninstall it. 

Only a few apps are affected, reinstalling them does not help. There is also no option to revert updates on those apps. 

0 Likes
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi all!

I've merged a few of the threads covering this one.

Advice we've received:

"Samsung is aware of this phenomenon which may appear on Galaxy devices due to Google Webview issue and this problem was already resolved with the latest app updates of Android System Webview and Chrome, 89.0.4389.105 version."

To update Android System Webview

Settings >Apps > Search Webview > Tab Android System Webview > App details in store > Update.

To update Google Chrome

Settings > Apps > Chrome > App details in store > Update

Please note that If the Update menu is not available, please tap the Enable button to activate app update.

Wbaker97
First Poster
Options

As of 3/23 8:45am EST Updated to latest WebView version on a Galaxy S9 and resolved all issues. Various email applications and user-installed apps that were all previously crashing are working again.

0 Likes
carlmac
Student
Options
Was told to force stop on android system web view, to repair app crashes, now I cant enable app as it will not let me, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
PaulaMelody
Apprentice
Options
has been happening to me all day; can't access my bank, Google or pay any bills
0 Likes