Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple apps crashing

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 07:07 AM)
Potatobot
Student
Options

it started a few hours ago, i opened up wattpad and it kept kicking me out, also happening with tumblr, tiktok and email ive tried clearing the app cache and data but it dosent seem to be working, ive updated the apps and re installed them, any fixes?

78 REPLIES 78
Nibbie
Apprentice
Options

This is from Samsung Support on Twitter, this worked for me ...

Hi! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please remove the Webview Update and then restart the phone. Here are the steps: Go settings > apps > tap the three dots in the top right corner > show system apps > search for Android System WebView > select Uninstall updates. ^Nina

jools24
Apprentice
Options
make sure your apps aren't auto updating, you'll need to stop the auto update otherwise chrome will just revert back. worked for me, will keep fingers crossed it works for you too.
0 Likes
helps
First Poster
Options
yes I am having the same problem my yahoo mail will not work or Google All my cleaning upStarted about 9 o'clock and it will still not come on now what do I do
0 Likes
Liv113
First Poster
Options

Thankyou so much I was going crazy and this one fixed it 

0 Likes
vicky42
Pioneer
Options
Hi, my email yest afternoon kept closing when i tried to open it, now its more apps doing the same, ive restarted and turned on and off and its still doing the same. Ive checked and no virus
0 Likes
Chrissie085
First Poster
Options
same here
Rosesarered
Apprentice
Options
I had the same trouble, I updated webview on the playstore and all the apps now seem to be working 🤞
Antz77
First Poster
Options
same here as of this morning
EmilyKitchen
Apprentice
Options
no apps are working since the new software update everything crashes or closes after being open for a min.. help!
NMac68
First Poster
Options
my husband and I have S9 and since yesterday apps are crashing
0 Likes