Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Multi-window feature not available on S9+ pie update

(Topic created on: 24/11/19 22:59)
Lalaland11
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This morning I was frantically searching for the multi-window split screen but apparently the latest update no longer supports this feature. The new icons are hideous and now they decided to remove multi-window as well!!! Please bring back this feature bcos its really annoying when you can no longer multi-task on your phone. 😥

64 REPLIES 64
PHUD
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks. Before posting online, I had checked advanced features in settings. I only have an option to adjust open in pop-up view. It used to be there. It really appears as though though the feature has been removed. I am a bit perplexed because it seems like I am the only one experiencing this problem. Here's a screenshot:Screenshot_20190719-195702_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You could try wiping the cache partition, it can cure random issues and you don't lose anything.

Just Google how to 

0 Likes
PHUD
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you. Resetting the cache partition totally did the trick. Screenshot_20190720-112558_One UI Home.jpg

LaBugRuMa
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
This is a great description of the solution - and I applaud that you called them directly. It's not exactly intuitive but fact is I had to look up how to use the old version also. Now I know where it is, I like it. I think this was described on another forum but I couldn't understand their explanation so I never could duplicate it. Thanks again for your very clear information!
0 Likes
Yemach_Shemo
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Making things more tricky, more difficult, more steps, taking longer.. is NOT the way forward.
0 Likes
Leagunawann
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
  • why samsung disapear that multi task button. Please bring back that button!!!

but thank you for the helpful tips on comments 😁

0 Likes
ShaimaIshaq
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Thanks Man you're a lifesaver
0 Likes
Longgo
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Bring back the splitscreen by pressing menu button. 

0 Likes
LeLeD120
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's stupid that they changed the easy gesture we used to be able to do for pop-up view. It's way too much to have to go to recent apps and then take the icon and then search for the pop-up viewv buttonb and then tap it. And not only that but all Samsung apps don't work in pop-up view anymore. It's the most ridiculous thing in the world because they're the ones that created it, all Android apps work fine in pop-up view, but when I try to open any Samsung app in pop-up view it ends up going to full screen. For some reason it won't work. I also have the phone settings to be answered in pop-up so doesn't open the phone app every time I get a phone call, taking me away from when I'm working on. I can easily talk on the phone without needing this phone app open. If I need to access the keypad while I'm on the phone all I got to do is click the pop-up. Well Samsung pop-ups just don't work anymore. The problem is every freaking time Android makes a new OS, like KitKat to nougat or 8.0 to 9.0 & now 10.0, they f*** everything up that has to do with Samsung, & actually they ruin lots of apps' features. I can't tell you how many apps I have were there's a feature in the settings & underneath it says "If you have Android 8.0+ this will not work anymore." Android didn't used to do that until the last 2yrs or the last 2-3 OS's. And I bet you Samsung is a sick of catering their tech to Android's *****.

0 Likes
LeLeD120
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I definitely will be, thanks! I thought when I try to create the complaint it asked me when I was contacted by the person or company. Why? Does that mean I'm only allowed to submit complaints about companies who contacted me? I doubt that's true but I'm just wondering what that was about
0 Likes