Original topic:

Motion Panorama gone from S9 after last update

(Topic created on: 11/03/19 05:12)
Paolove
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi

I was taking motion panorama pictures with my S9 but after the last update I am unable to do it, I can take a regular panorama picture but not with motion and the option is not there anymore, do you have any fix for this issue?

31 REPLIES 31
PietD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

As far as I know this option is also not available on the S10. I searched for alternatives, but I did not find an app which can convert panoramic pics to video. If someone does know an app, please let me  and the others here know!

Silhouette
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Solution by downgrading Operating System or use S7.

1. Copy all files you want to convert to video to an SD card using Samsung's 'My Files' file manager/explorer app. Make sure there's enough capacity on your SD card.

2. Insert the SD card into your S7 that has the old software or hasn't had it's operating system updated since 2017 or 2018.

3. Open Samsung's 'Gallery' app.

3.1 Select 100 (maximum allowed) motion images that you want to convert to video.

3.2 Tap on 'share' as if you wanted to Bluetooth, email, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. these pictures.

3.3 It will give you the option of 'Share via video or images'. Please select video.

All your images will begin converting to the short 5 second videos.

4. Do not send them anywhere, instead exit and go back to 'Gallery' and you'll find those images alongside the newly created videos.

Repeat the process until all your images are converted to video.

5. Use The Samsung's 'Video' app to view all the videos only files.

PietD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Not a good solution, who has a not updated S7?  Please put the otion back in the Gallerie app!!!

0 Likes
mihirgokani007
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Samsung misheard "Motion Panorama should be kept, Bixby should be removed"! :grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye::face-with-tears-of-joy:

Now the situation is the opposite :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

Jessicannika
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Massive disappointment on my behalf, I loved this feature. It kinda feels like when they removed "Virtual Tour" from the camera on my S4 back in the day.. why is it that Samsung seems to continually remove all the good stuff that people actually use and leave behind all the rubbish? #bixbysucks

tannalein
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I also only now noticed this feature is missing, when I wanted to take some vacation pics. It was the best feature of the camera. It makes absolutely no sense to get rid of this feature, while they keep pushing the useless Bixby. 

campfiregirl
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Why would they remove the best feature of the phone?

Makes me want the throw it in the lake and buy an iphone! Stupid move! Real stupid!

Jessicannika
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@campfiregirl I know right!?! I've searched through Play Store & Samsung Apps and there isn't even an aftermarket alternative 😔

... still wouldn't buy an iPhone though lol, antiquated junk..

0 Likes
Cloud8011
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just took an awesome panorama in the mountains only to be disappointed when I saw the motion picture feature removed from my S10! Why would I pay $1000 for a phone that doesn't have everything I love? Bad move Samsung. 

Trelmyx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This stuff really makes me want to move to iphone. The updates always remove the good stuff and force us to keep apps we never use 

0 Likes