Original topic:

Motion Panorama gone from S9 after last update

(Topic created on: 11/03/19 05:12)
Paolove
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi

I was taking motion panorama pictures with my S9 but after the last update I am unable to do it, I can take a regular panorama picture but not with motion and the option is not there anymore, do you have any fix for this issue?

31 REPLIES 31
Iresfrank
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Many of the best features, panorama, wide angle selfie, one button only for flash control... Etc

NEC88
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey Samsung... you guys really dropped the ball here... this sucks, after the last Android update, many features were removed, including the absolute favorite: the view as motion panorama... 

Bring it back please!!! 

Silhouette
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Apparently the Samsung website says it does have Motion Panorama
https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/motion-panorama/

0 Likes
PietD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Woukld be nice, but I cannot find it on Google Play.....

0 Likes
Ian1963
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This feature was one of the primary reasons I bought this phone. If its not restored within the next couple of months I'm going to buy an Apple as I can't believe Samsung would remove such a great feature unless it was some cunning marketing ploy to get us to buy the next Upgraded phone. I have lost confidence in Samsung now....so dissapointing

Ian1963
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This feature was one of the primary reasons I bought this phone. If its not restored within the next couple of months I'm going to buy an Apple as I can't believe Samsung would remove such a great feature unless it was some cunning marketing ploy to get us to buy the next Upgraded ....so dissapointing

PietD
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Still no news? 

0 Likes
MedaNasser
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
😔😔 it was great feature
0 Likes
drive88mph
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Samsung bring this feature back. You basically copied apple interface and make it very similar i dont know why. Sucks big time

0 Likes
AcE_Krystal
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just noticed this also on my S8.

For a 1 year building project I used this function to make all my video material. Only to find out now that nothing has been recorded and so there is no content to make a video. Samsung did not even warn me they removed the function!

I'm a long time fan of Samsung and there feature riche OS. But the last 2-ish I'm really struggeling with samsung taking more and more functions from my phone after I bought it already. I don't even know if that is allowed and if you can make a case out of this.

Also, is this there way of marketing? Shifting more and more features from old phones to only the newest phones so people are forced to buy there latest phones to get the features back? As this is a topic about the S9 and I own the S8, is it then only available now on the S10? Can someone confirm?

And how do other company's do this? Do they also remove features over time?

0 Likes