Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Custom Dictionary Since Latest Update

(Topic created on: 11-02-2020 03:15 PM)
Nayno
Apprentice
Options

Since the latest Feb update I lost my custom dictionar . 

Samsung support doesn't know how to get it back after talking to various support people. 

Developers or User, please advis . 

Thanks. 

28 REPLIES 28
Intan
Student
Options

since the update. All the custom words not just gone but I couldn't save any new custom word. Every time after I save it in any apps that I'm using, for example WhatsApp, once I'm out of that apps, the saved words gone. There is no way I can save all the custom words now. This is terrible, please fix it 

kaiserdean
First Poster
Options

This does not help.

Removing this feature will cause a consumer to look at other phones.

Leaves
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same issue here, all my learned words seem to have been deleted. I've lost my email addresses, my own name, 'coronavirus'- refuses to learn them as well! I'm going to be switching, I don't want to have to constantly retype things 3 times because the keyboard changes it to something else as well.

kerbumbo
First Poster
Options

I've had this issues since the last update now. Seeing as Samsung clearly don't care about their users, after one response from a moderator, which basically says "tough luck, add them manually". I will be moving away from Samsung at my next upgrade. I notice they've made sure that the word Samsung automatically capitalises. But getting rid of the most useful part of the Samsung keyboard, ridiculous.

OmariJ
First Poster
Options

Exactly, who in there right mind would delete the ability to add words to the dictionary. 

hilarydonna13
First Poster
Options

This happened to me as well when my phone updated in July 2020. I'm extremely frustrated. I use my Samsung as a personal phone. And I have an iPhone through my work. So I'm constantly jumping back and forth between the two. I don't have time to re type every word 3 times. And..because I also use Apple, I know the pros/cons of their phones and my work IT department supports it when there are issues or concerns. I may also be switching to an iPhone at my upgrade in September. 

I realize that with everything going on in the world that this is minimal and trivial. But it is just inconvenient enough that it can set me off when I'm already on edge and having a bad day. I have an extremely stressful job and this does not help. 

HumanKinetic
First Poster
Options

Same here. Mine just started acting up and I Googled it to find this thread

ultiweb
First Poster
Options

I'm absolutely sick and tired of this keyboard trying to dictate the words I'm using. I've gone through adding words multiple times after updates and we passed ridiculous a long time ago. What exactly are you thinking Samsung? This is beyond dumb. 

GlenK
First Poster
Options

This just happened in an update last week.  Any fixes or advice to correct this issue.  My wife is holding off her update until this gets solved. 

Ghayas03
First Poster
Options

There should be a way to sync personal dictionary learned words between different phones. Actually there is an app UDM in playstore but it doesnt work with samsung keyboard , I tried multiple times it worked with Gboard though but no luck with Samsung Keyboard.

BTW i tried on Samsung s9 plus, you can give it a try on yours!