Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Lock screen notifications

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 04:42 PM)
TheJWills
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, I just Pré ordered my S9 and I’m swapping from iPhone. I’ve seen loads of posts about people not getting lock screen notifications and all the fixes seem to involve the always on display setting being on. Is there a way you can get notifications on your lock screen without it and have the screen to wake for a short time like it does on iOS or do you have to use the aod feauture 

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
guidadall
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The only solution for me was install Glimpse Notifications to show non-native apps notifications on lock screen, like WhatsApp for example.

0 Likes
DimitrisPiniaris
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Its so infuriating to provide the exact model of your phone and receiving fake solutions and options that do not exist.... i see that Always on display option yet it does not exist on my phone.... i have a A21s and there is no option contrary to those brown youtubers claim for the notification to light up your screen other than installing a 3rd party app from Google Play.... 
2.1 One UI Core
Android Version 10
Year 2021
Notifications to light up the lock screen seems like science fiction feature.......

0 Likes
Peh Service
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, I just Pré ordered my S9 and I’m swapping from iPhone. I’ve seen loads of posts about people not getting lock screen notifications and all the fixes seem to involve the always on display setting being on. Is there a way you can get notifications on your lock screen without it and have the screen to wake for a short time like it does on iOS or do you have to use the aod feauture 

RE:
I got the same problem 😞

0 Likes
guidadall
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

In my S7 the only solution (without using AOD) was install the 3rd party app: Glimpse Notifications

Unfortunately there is no other solution available

0 Likes
Peh Service
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Where is my post???
I think someone deleted that.

0 Likes
Peh Service
First Poster
Options