Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Tracking Turned On and wont switch off!

(Topic created on: 17-04-2019 06:26 PM)
benji111
First Poster
Options

Hello! After managing to loose my s9 and it being returned (thank you!) i stopped tracking however on my phone im getting the message 'Find my mobile' Location Tracking turned on every few minutes. As far as i can tell the Find my phone website reports that tracking is off.

Any ideas ? Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
Monica282
Student
Options

Hi, I have the same issue with my S9, do you have any ideas how it can be fixed?

Thanks a lot

M.

Scottmc
Student
Options

Im having the same probkem with my S7. Its driving me slightly bananas.

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

Hi

Possibly you've sent so many requests that the server got flooded, possibly. Please give your phone a simple restart, the messages should be gone in a day or two. Nice to learn that you've gotten your phone back!

Thanks ☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

Monica282
Student
Options

@strawberry cake wrote:

Hi

Possibly you've sent so many requests that the server got flooded, possibly. Please give your phone a simple restart, the messages should be gone in a day or two. Nice to learn that you've gotten your phone back!

Thanks ☺

Hi,

I have already tried to restart, it doesn't work unfortunately 😞

Do you have any other possible solutions?

Thanks a lot

Kr

Monica 

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

Hello ☺

@benji111 

Kindly check if what apps are using the Location service.

Please go to Settings > Google > Location. 

Under Location, please tap improve location then set to off the WiFi and Bluetooth scanning.

Please turn off as well the Location there.

Thanks ☺

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
omega2
First Poster
Options

Hello. I have exactly the same problem. I played with the "Find My Mobile" thing that comes preinstalled with the S9... I just wanted to know how it works basically. Since I yesterday, no matter what I do, location services keeps turning on, along iwth the GPS - completly ignores all my preferences. I've denied every app installed location, unchecked location in the settings menu, covered bassically everything. I've even denied Google Play Services right to change system settings! 15 minutes later, I get a pop-up: "Location services turned on". Please help...it's driving me crazy. 

(1)
DaveAP
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same issue it pops up when watching videos!
0 Likes
(1)
Scottmc
Student
Options

I had this issue on my S7. Nothing worked. I had to reset my phone to get rid of it.  Very inconvenient, but its gone (along with some stuff I forgot to back up). Samsung can do better as its even affecting much newer phones. 

0 Likes
risBo
First Poster
Options

Go to "findmymobile" home site -> Track location -> click "Start" again and then "Cancel". That should solve your problem.